- You, Hawkman, are now enmeshed within a web of intricate happenstance.
- -- Demiurge
Appearing in "Actuality Contamination"Edit
- Hath-Set (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Chay-Ara (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Prince Khufu (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Ancient Egpyt (Appears in flashback and main story)
Synopsis for "Actuality Contamination"Edit
Hawkman and two Rannian soldiers are traveling across the Desert of Tears investigating the mysterious Eternal Light Corporation Church. A nameless entity that addresses itself as the Demiurge appears before Hawkman and cryptically informs him that he is suffering from an actuality contamination. Hawkman and this Demiurge are destined to encounter one another in the far future, at a point when Hawkman is part of an organization called the Aberrant Six. The Demiurge is elusive with his explanations save to say that everything Hawkman knows of his history on Earth is a lie. The Demiurge shows him images of his first incarnation as Egyptian prince Khufu and his wife Chay-Ara. Hawkman's memories recall the moment when one of Khufu's priests, Hath-Set murdered them both, begetting an endless cycle of death and rebirth for all three. Now, thanks to the Demiurge, the validity of these events is called into question. As the Demiurge takes his leave, he refers to Hawkman by the name of the deceased Thanagarian Hawkman-Katar Hol. Hawkman leaves, pondering the incident.
- This one-shot special is a "Rann-Thanagar: Holy War" tie-in issue.
- Includes DC Nation editorial #125 by Jann Jones.
- This is the first Hawkman Special to focus on Carter Hall, the Golden Age Hawkman.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Hawkman Special Vol 1 2008 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Hawkman Special series
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks