Appearing in "Hunger"Edit
- Mrs. McGuire (First appearance)
- Ali (First appearance)
- Eddie (Only appearance; dies)
- Gino (Single appearance)
- Henry Wambach (Only appearance; dies)
- Marty (Single appearance)
- Africa (Appears in flashback and main story)
Synopsis for "Hunger"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- Forty-page premier issue.
- This issue is reprinted in the Hellblazer: Original Sins trade paperback.
- Although published in 1988, issues #1 and 2 of this series takes place in November of 1987. This storyline chronologically takes place five months after the events chronicled in Hellblazer #3.
- This issue makes reference to the botched Newcastle exorcism. The details surrounding this event are revealed in Hellblazer #11.
- The original title for this series was Hellraiser, but it was changed prior to publication so as to not be confused with the 1988 Clive Barker horror film, Hellraiser.
- The back cover to this issue features a testimonial to the series written by Alan Moore - the creator of John Constantine.
- This issue takes place in the month of November.
- When speaking of Gary Lester's exorcism skills, John makes a tongue-in-cheek reference to William Friedkin. William Friedkin was the director of the 1973 motion picture The Exorcist.
- This issue features a fictitious magazine article written by Satchmo Hawkins entitled, "Faces on the Street". The column appears as a feature in XS Magazine and is partially printed on the inside front cover of this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Hellblazer Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Hellblazer series
Links and ReferencesEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.