Hero Illustrated was a comic book-themed magazine published in the early to mid-1990s in the United States. Columnists included Andy Mangels, and Frank Kurtz was at one time a managing editor. The journal won the 1995 Eisner Award for Best Comics-Related Periodical/Publication.
In addition to at least 26 regular issues, numerous specials were published, including Hero Illustrated Specials, Hero Premiere Edition, and Hero Special Edition.
- Hero Premiere Edition — a series of ashcan copy printings of forthcoming comics.
- Hero Illustrated Specials
- Hero Special Edition
- 1993: the Year in Comics (vol. 1, 1994)
- Comic Book Villains: the Baddest of the Bad: Anti-Hero Special Edition (vol. 2, 1994)
- The 100 Most Important Comics of All Time (vol. 4, 1994)
- Comic Book Who's Who: Complete Biographies on the Hottest Comic Book Characters! (vol. 6, 1994)
- Hero 1994 Yearbook: the ups and downs, the best and the worst, the people and the events that rocked the world in comics in 1994! (vol. 8, 1994)
- ↑ "Hero Illustrated," AndyMangels.com.
- ↑ "Hero Off-Line," The Comics Journal #187 (May 1996), p. 29.
|This comics-related article is a stub. You can help the Crossgen Database by expanding it.|