- That bird cracked up on the real munitions dump ... so my job is done and it's back to the carrier for me.
- -- Danger Darrow, Hell Diver
Appearing in Hercules: "Big Red Lopez"Edit
- Big Red Lopez
Synopsis for Hercules: "Big Red Lopez"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in The Red Bee: "Billy Callahan"Edit
- Mr. Hawkes, District Attorney
- Michael, the Red Bee's bee
- Cappy, a hoodlum
- Mrs Callahan
- Billy Callahan
- Superior City
- Mike O'Sullivan's gym
Synopsis for The Red Bee: "Billy Callahan"EditCaption: "The Red Bee, in reality Rick Raleigh, Assistant District Attorney, pierces a ring of crime that threatens the future of the youth of America."
Appearing in "G-5 Super Agent: (No Title)"Edit
Synopsis for "G-5 Super Agent: (No Title)"Edit
- This is G-5's final appearance
Appearing in Neon the Unknown: "The Mystery Gun"Edit
- several unnamed Axis agents
- small, unnamed Caribbean island, south of Hispaniola
Synopsis for Neon the Unknown: "The Mystery Gun"Edit
A vital midwest power plant and a hydroelectric dam are each destroyed with single shots from a gigantic artillery piece; the military authorities are baffled. Standing in a tall tree near an arms plant in the coastal part of Texas, Neon the Unknown detects a third incoming shell, fired from somewhere over the horizon, and with a neonic flash he explodes it harmlessly at a high altitude. He shoots an arc of neonic power along the shell's trajectory, and flies across the Gulf of Mexico at the speed of light, to a tiny Caribbean island, where he finds a run-down old castle, defended by riflemen and electrified barbed wire. He breaks in and finds a bedridden dying man and a priest, whom he quickly detects as foreign military agents. He beats up one while the other flees, meanwhile the castle roof swings open and the giant cannon is aimed at some new target. Neon blocks the muzzle with a neonic ray, and the cannon backfires, seemingly killing the German-speaking gun crew. The top two bosses attempt to flee in a U-boat, but Neon spots it, levitates it out of the ocean, and flies it to Washington DC and drops it into "the Patomac River."
Closing caption: "Ghost of Flanders starts in next month's Hit Comics"
- In this issue's Red Bee story, Rick gets conked with a heavy wrench, his (at least) 7th concussion.
- This issue presents Neon the Unknown's final golden age appearance.
- This issue also presents:
- Betty Bates: (No Title), by Sydney Charlot & Al Bryant
- Bob and Swab: (No Title), by Klaus Nordling
- Strange Twins: (No Title), by Jerry Iger & Alex Blum
- Lion Boy: (No Title), by Merton Holmes & Henry Kiefer
- Hell Diver: (No Title), by Ace N. Hoell & Mort Leav
- This is Hell Diver's final appearance.
- Don Glory: (No Title), by Lincoln Ross & Arthur Peddy
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Hit Comics Vol 1 17 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Hit Comics series