|Parent company||I.W. Enterprises|
|Status||defunct: c. 1964|
|Country of origin||United States of America|
|Headquarters location||New York City|
|Publication types||Comic books|
I.W. Publications was a short-lived comic book publisher in the late 1950s and early 1960s. The company was part of I.W. Enterprises, and named for the company's owner, Israel Waldman. The later half of the company's existence, it published comics under the Super Comics name. Waldman would later be involved with the short-lived Skywald Publications in the 1970s.
I.W. Publications were notable for publishing unauthorized reprints of other company's properties, especially Quality Comics. Many of their titles had a Quality logo. Usually these companies were out of business, but not always. The company started publishing in 1958, and stopped in 1963/64.
- I. W. Publications at the Grand Comics Database
- Brennan, T. Casey."The Untold History of I.W. Comics," The Comics Journal #57 (June 1980), pp. 118–119.
- Archive of Shaw, Scott, "Title: Wambi (The Jungle Boy) Issue: No. 8", "Oddball Comics" (column) #1084, September 2, 2005. Original page
- Super Rabbit at Don Markstein's Toonopedia
- "Publishers" at Wildwood Cemetery: The Spirit Database. WebCitation archive.
| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at I. W. Publications.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Hey Kids Comics Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.