Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Spirit of the 20th Century: She was born "with the century" - on the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve of 1900. As she grew she displayed certain superhuman abilities and skills, as well as immortality (not aging beyond her 20's). It has been theorised that they act as an immune system for the planet, her very existence protecting Earth. As such she supposedly represents an aspect of the century into which they were born. In her case, this was to influence the 20th century. As such, her moods are tied directly to the world's status. For example, she was suicidally depressed during the Great Depression and deliriously high during the Roaring Twenties.
- Immortality: Additionally, she stopped aging at nineteen and remained this way until her death. Her appearance alters from time to time and it is unclear if this is an effect of her connection to the planet or artist interpretation. She had at least a 100 year lifespan, not aging once she reached adulthood.
- Electrokinesis: Jenny Sparks had absolute control of electricity, including travel through power lines, shooting bolts of lightning and shaping electricity.
- Electric Absorption: Jenny has the ability to manipulate electricity. She can easily draw electricity from electronic devices as well as from the human brain, a move she has threatened to kill people with.
- Electric Form: Like an electrical current, Sparks as electricity must go somewhere before she can re-emerge in her human form. Normally this is into a machine, but other conductors seem to work as well. She was once able to go into the sky and remain there until striking down as lightning. She can also enter a person briefly and electrocute them.
- Electric Teleportation: Sparks can also convert her entire body into electricity and travel anywhere electricity would. She can apparently survive being transformed into other forms of energy as when she traveled through a TV and power lines and then into a police radio.
- Accelerated Healing: Shifting into her electrical form heals Sparks from injuries as well as poisons.
- Leadership: Through her lifetime Sparks was the members of various branches of the British military and led various superhero teams. As such she is an experienced leader and knowledgeable about military protocol. She has not demonstrated the fighting skill that one might associate with this experience, usually relying on her powers instead.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic)
- Electrical Limitation: A key distinction is that Jenny Sparks does not generate electricity. If she is unable to access electricity from any sources or has no place for her electrical form to go, she is powerless and as vulnerable as a normal human.
- During the Transfer Of Power storyline, a magical version of Jenny appeared and temporarily removed all mechanical weapons from the Earth.
- Jenny Sparks was Albert Einstein's goddaughter. Empty citation (help)
- Jenny Sparks had a one night stand with Elijah Snow. Empty citation (help)
- Her long life has made her cynical and aggressive towards everyone. Empty citation (help)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.