Greysuits: 1) Name used by criminals to describe secret agents working for the British security intelligence services. 2) The powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge. 3) Surfing term for sharks.
John Blake is the protagonist of Greysuit, a 2000 AD strip by Pat Mills and John Higgins which is set in the present day. He is a Delta-Class assassin working for the British government who has been brainwashed into (a) having incredible superhuman powers and (b) doing exactly what he is told. The words of his conditioning pulse in his head like a throbbing artery: "Love is a lie. Trust no one. Kill to order." When Blake's brainwashing begins to tarnish he decides to train his sights on his boss instead, but is captured and reprogrammed by the shadowy powers whose pawn he is.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Superspeed; can jump several times his own height.
Espionage and assassination; can literally punch someone's face off; can twist someone else's head through 180 degrees.
There have been three series of Greysuit so far:
- Project Monarch in 2000 AD progs 1540 to 1549
- The Old Man of the Mountains in progs 1617 to 1624 (first part in prog 2009)
- Prince of Darkness, starting in prog 1900
- Appearances of John Blake
- Images featuring John Blake
- Quotations by or about John Blake
- Character Gallery: John Blake