Appearing in "The Thunder God Strikes Back"Edit
- United States Of America
Synopsis for "The Thunder God Strikes Back"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Tales of Asgard: Balder the Brave"Edit
Synopsis for "Tales of Asgard: Balder the Brave"Edit
Furious that Balder would abandon a battle for such a deed, Odin orders Balder to face the test of mortal death, which Balder agrees to take in spite of the other warriors of Asgard's protests.
The test requires that Balder stand in front of a line of soldiers who would attempt to kill him without his resistance. First Odin orders an archer to fire an arrow at Balder. The unflinching Balder is saved at the last minute when a bird swoops out of the sky and stops the arrow from hitting Balder.
Next Odin orders Honir to throw a spear at Balder, which is stopped by a sudden sprouting of vines from the ground, although again Balder does not flinch. Next Odin orders Thor to strike down Balder with his hammer. As Thor approaches to strike Balder down, the warrior still does not move, prompting Odin to stop Thor.
Odin reveals that he summoned the hawk and the plants to save Balder at the last minute of every attack to test his bravery. Having passed Odin's test, Odin rewards Balder with the gift of invincibility, and has him hailed as Balder the Brave.
- credits for Story 1:
- Written Fairly Well by Stan Lee
- Drawn Not Too Badly by Jack Kirby
- Inked Kinda Nice by Chic Stone
- Lettered Pretty Fair by Art Simek
- credits for Story 2
- Written with Passion by: Stan Lee
- Drawn with Pageantry by: Jack Kirby
- Inked with Power by: Vince Colletta
- Lettered with Pride by: Art Simek
- This issue serves as the conclusion to Journey into Mystery #105 which ended with Thor having his hammer taken from him.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Journey into Mystery Vol 1 106 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Journey into Mystery series
- Both Cobra and Mr. Hyde previously appeared last issue and will appear next in Journey into Mystery #110.