Appearing in "The Vengeance of the Thunder God!"Edit
- Harris Hobbs
- unnamed policemen
Synopsis for "The Vengeance of the Thunder God!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Tales of Asgard - A Viper in Our Midst"Edit
Synopsis for "Tales of Asgard - A Viper in Our Midst"Edit
Loki! You Have Saved Me From The Vengeance of Thor! I Know Not What Motives Caused You To Betray Your Own Kind, But That Is of No Concern of Mine! Know You, Loki, That Ghan Is In Your Debt!Thor was leading a band of Asgardian warriors, who were riding out to stop Ghan, "the most deadly of Storm Giants", on his way to attack Asgard. Loki was, of course, resentful of Thor, thinking that he should be leading the warriors. As the battle begins, Ghan hurls a boulder at Thor, who blocks it with his hammer, causing it to shatter. Loki does not enter the battle, claiming that "the cunning Loki is far too clever to take needless chances!" and stays back in safety to plot the defeat of Thor. He then uses his magic sword to weave a spell to give Ghan the final victory. Before the spell can work, Ghan is driven back by the Asgardian's arrows. As the Storm Giant is being driven further back, they let loose their catapult, using a missile containing sleep fumes, to incapacitate him. The Asgardian task force go to where the giant should be sleeping, but find nothing. The rest of the party leaves, but Loki remains behind, saying he wanted to search more. He then "makes a mystic gesture" causing an eagle soaring nearby to return to the its natural form of the giant Ghan, saving him from the wrath of Thor. The giant then pledges his debt to Loki, and in return the Trickster reminds him not to forget it, "the day will come when I order you to repay this debt!" This was the first of many alliances with the forces of evil for Loki, as he plans and schemes to overthrow Asgard and destroy Thor.— Ghan
- Both stories are reprinted in Bring on the Bad Guys.
- credits for Story 1:
- Story By: Stan Lee The Sage of the Marvel Age!
- Penciling By: Jack Kirby The Rage of the Marvel Age!
- Inking By: Frankie Ray For His Wage In the Marvel Age!
- Lettering By: Artie Simek From His Cage In The Marvel Age!
- credits for Story 2:
- Once Again, The Art of Illo-Drama Reaches The Pinnacle of Classic Perfection Under The Talented Hands of--
- Stan Lee, Writer
- Jack Kirby, Illustrator
- Vince Colletta, Delineator
- Artie Simek, Letterer
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Journey into Mystery Vol 1 115 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Journey into Mystery series
- The Absorbing Man previously appeared last issue and will appear next in Journey into Mystery #120.
Links and ReferencesEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.