Appearing in "The Day Loki Stole Thor's Magic Hammer"Edit
- Dr. Donald Blake
- Fricka (First appearance) (Cameo)
- Jane Foster
- Neri (Single appearance), Hand-Maid of Fricka
- United States Of America
- Unnamed Seaport
Synopsis for "The Day Loki Stole Thor's Magic Hammer"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The Remedy Oil"Edit
- Mrs Gerrity
- Tom Gerrity
- Officer O'Malley
- Mechanicans (Aliens)
Synopsis for "The Remedy Oil"Edit
(Two Page Text Piece) Mrs. Gerrity's "remedy oil" cures what ills a mysterious alien.
Appearing in "The Man Who Hated Monstro"Edit
- Karl Krumm
Synopsis for "The Man Who Hated Monstro"Edit
A showman's jealousy and cruelty to the circus' new attraction, a giant ape, leads to his doom when the ape, Monstro, takes his revenge!
Appearing in "I Used to Be Human"Edit
- Unnamed Space Pilot
Synopsis for "I Used to Be Human"Edit
A man lands on a planet where eating the native fruit transmogrifies you into a monstrous hulking creature. He tries to hold out for as long as he can, but he finishes his food supply, and still no rescue ship arrives. He eats the fruit and changes. After the change he finds he has gained telepathic abilities to share with the other creatures and has gained a sense of empathy and peace. A rescue ship finally arrives and they state the reason for the delay is that scientists were developing a serum that would revert him back to human and they ask him to step forward from the crowd of creatures. His fellows tell him he is free to do so if he wishes, but he is content and does not move. The spaceship thinks that too much time has passed and the brutes can no longer understand their words and depart. The former human muses that the people of Earth are so conceited that it would never occur to them that there are better forms of life on other planets.
- Sequence 1 The Day Loki Stole Thor's Magic Hammer plot by Lee, script by Bernstein (credited as R. Berns).
- The Thor story is reprinted in Essential Thor 1, Marvel Masterworks: Mighty Thor 1, Marvel Tales Annual 10.
- First appearance of Fricka.
- First appearance of Neri. Though not in mainstream continuity, Neri is seen again in What If? #47.
- While it is not expressly explained in this issue, the reason why Thor does not change back into Donald Blake after being away from his hammer for 60 seconds is because he is transported to Asgard, where -- apparently -- the enchantment responsible for this change is null and void.
- Heimdall recalls the time Loki slipped by him in the form of a snake, which happened in Journey into Mystery #88.
- Sequence 3 The Man Who Hated Monstro reprinted in Fear #3.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Journey into Mystery Vol 1 92 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Journey into Mystery series
Links and ReferencesEdit
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks