Judge Caligula (known as 'Judge Cal') was the head of the Special Judicial Squad, the branch of the service which judged the Judges in Mega-City One. He had a voracious hunger for power which led him to blackmail rogue Judges into becoming his own private army and helping him assassinate Chief Judge Goodman.
With Goodman dead and Judge Dredd off on a mercy mission in the Cursed Earth, Cal engineered his own election to the post of Chief Judge, and began a reign of terror which allowed his previously unsuspected insanity to bloom. He appointed his pet goldfish as his Deputy Chief Judge, brought in vicious alien mercenaries, the Kleggs, to act as his enforcers, and at one point began executing the entire population in alphabetical order, much to the horror of citizen Aaron A. Aardvark.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Cunning and manipulative.
Accessory pouch containing three heat seeker shells; helmet containing internal visor display and respirator; uniform made from plasti-steel reinforced material.
Lawgiver handgun which can fire six types of shell: general purpose, rubber ricochet, incendiary, armour piercing, grenade and high explosive. Also daystick and bootknife.
- Dredd later clashed with another version of Cal from a parallel universe.
- In 2000 AD prog 1888 a piece of graffiti in the background of the Judge Dredd story read "Where's Cal?"
- Appearances of Judge Caligula
- Images featuring Judge Caligula
- Quotations by or about Judge Caligula
- Character Gallery: Judge Caligula
Expression error: Unexpected > operator.