- Being haunted by my past has made me ever vigilant in this world. I try not to relive my memories... or repeat my failures.
Appearing in "Superman"Edit
- Superman (Earth-22) (Flashback and main story)
- Abigail Hunkel (Cameo)
- Captain Marvel (Earth-22) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Gog (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Joker (Earth-22) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Lois Lane (Earth-22) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Norman McCay (Earth-22) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Power Woman (Earth-22) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Justice Society of America (Appears in flashback and main story)
Synopsis for "Superman"Edit
Kal-El of Earth-22 is at JSA Headquarters contemplating his past. After having a discussion with Cyclone, he decides to go to Metropolis to see this reality's Lois Lane. Upon arriving however, he finds a group of terrorists attacking the Daily Planet with Kryptonite gas. Kryptonite from this reality doesn't work on Kal-El and he easily defeats the criminals, albeit with great recklessness. Superman shows up and the two have a brief altercation with one another.
Later, Kal-El learns that a version of Norman McCay from his reality, also exists on this one. He flies to McCay's church in Chicago, Illinois and has a talk with the elderly, retired reverend. McCay gives Kal-El hope for the future.
He returns to JSA headquarters whereupon he meets visitor Lois Lane. Lois wants to know how her Earth-22 counterpart died and Kal-El recalls the haunting memory of when the Joker brutally murdered her on his world.
- This issue shipped on November 12th, 2008.
- Includes a sketchbook and editorial by Alex Ross titled "My Kingdom Come".
- The events from this issue take place after Justice Society of America (Volume 3) #20 but before Kingdom Come Special: Magog #1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice Society of America Kingdom Come Special Superman Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Kingdom Come Special series
Links and ReferencesEdit