Appearing in "The Day of Be-With-Us"Edit
- The Nautilus
- The Victoria
Synopsis for "The Day of Be-With-Us"Edit
Moriarty's airship begins raining balls of plasma down on London's East End. Allan Quatermain and Mina Murray look on in horror. Returning to Nemo's side, they board Nemo's own aircraft, a large hot air balloon named Victoria.
From the Limehouse district, Fu Manchu summons together his war kites aerial squadron. The Chinese kite warriors begin attacking Moriarty's craft en masse.
Nemo pilots his balloon alongside Moriarty's ship, and the League rappel themselves on board. Nemo opens fire on Moriarty's men while Henry Jekyll transforms into Mister Hyde and wades into them. Quatermain and Mina get to the main deck where Moriarty is situated. Moriarty shoots Allan in the shoulder and Mina uses a monkey wrench to smash the housing of the Cavorite engine. The device begins floating upwards into the air and the maddened Moriarty grabs onto it. They both float away high into the clouds.
Without the Cavorite, the airship begins to descend over London. The League races back to the Victoria, which has suffered some damage and is now deflating. It crashes into the Thames, but all aboard manages to survive.
As the League returns to British Intelligence headquarters, they learn that Mycroft Holmes is now taking over the leadership roll vacated by Moriarty. Holmes tells the League that he plans on leaving Campion Bond on board, despite the fact that he is aware of his complicity in recent events.Outside, large flaming objects from the sky begin descending down on England.
Appearing in "Allan and the Sundered Veil (Part VI) - The Awakening"Edit
- Lloigor (Single appearance)
- Lady Ragnall's castle
Synopsis for "Allan and the Sundered Veil (Part VI) - The Awakening"Edit
Allan's spirit hovers over his body. He is horrified to discover that one of the alien entities the Time Traveller had warned him about, a creature known as a Lloigor, has taken possession of his body. Allan rejoins his body and wrestles to gain control of the form from that of the Lloigor. The Lloigor, crawling like a crab attacks Marisa. Lady Ragnall, passes away from fright. Marisa begins scrawling out a blood ward designed to repel the Lloigor from Allan’s body. As it writhes on the floor, it kicks at some embers in the fireplace setting the entire room ablaze. With the help of Marisa's spell, Allan reasserts dominance over his body and the two flee the burning building.
- Captain Nemo's hot air balloon, the Victoria, was originally featured in the Jules Verne novel, Five Weeks In A Balloon.
- Behind the scenes appearance by Campion Bond. Campion appears on the cover to this issue, but is only referenced in the actual story.
- First appearance of Mycroft Holmes in this title. He was referenced briefly in issue #1. Mina mistakenly believed that Mycroft was the head of British Intelligence. Mycroft Holmes is the creation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and is the older (and more intelligent) brother to detective Sherlock Holmes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol 1 6 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen series
- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Volume 1)
- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Volume 2)
- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Black Dossier
- Heroes & Monsters: The Unofficial Companion to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Volume 1
- A Blazing World: The Unofficial Companion to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Volume 2
Links and ReferencesEdit
- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Volume 1) series index at the Grand Comics Database
- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Volume 1) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen article at Wikipedia
- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie article at Wikipedia
- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Annotations by Jess Nevins
- Allan and the Sundered Veil article at Wikipedia
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks