Appearing in "From Out the Green Dawn"Edit
Synopsis for "From Out the Green Dawn"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- The first issue of this limited series was published with two variant covers of roughly equal distribution ratio. One cover featured a close-up of Clark Kent pulling open his shirt revealing the Superman symbol on his chest beneath. The variant cover featured a full-bodied illustration of Clark Kent with a picture of Krypton exploding behind him.
- This is the first appearance of the Post-Crisis version of Superman. Historically, Superman made his first appearance in Action Comics #1 (June, 1938).
- This is the first and technically final canonical appearances of the Post-Crisis appearances of Superman's birth parents, Jor-El and Lara. The flashback scenes involving the destruction of Krypton coincide with events revealed in World of Krypton (Volume 2) #4.
- Scientist Emmett Vale makes a cameo appearance in Chapter III of this issue. Emmett appears next in flashback in Superman (Volume 2) #1. The character is based on Professor Vale, a Silver Age character who appeared in Action Comics #252.
- This issue was reprinted in Superman: The Greatest Stories Ever Told, Volume One, Millenium Edition: Man of Steel #1, Superman: The Man of Steel Vol. 1 and Superman: The World of Krypton.
- This series was published on a bi-weekly schedule.
- As a teenager, Clark Kent owned a Cocker Spaniel named Rusty.
- The number on Clark Kent's High School football jersey was 15.
- Clark Kent is twenty-five years old by the end of this issue.
- Metropolis celebrates its 250th anniversary in this issue. This date contradicts information provided by other sources.
- Although Superman is conceived on the planet Krypton, he is not actually born until he reaches Earth. This is a major departure from all previous versions of the character wherein he was physically born on Krypton.
- The date of Krypton's destruction is intended to coincide with the real-world publishing date of Superman's first appearance in Action Comics #1. This will not be officially established until Action Comics #600.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Man of Steel Vol 1 1.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Hey Kids Comics Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman article at Supermanica
- Jor-El article at Wikipedia
- Lana Lang article at Wikipedia
- Lara article at Wikipedia
- Lex Luthor article at Wikipedia
- Lois Lane article at Wikipedia
- Smallville article at Wikipedia
- Man of Steel series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Man of Steel series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
|Crisis Reboot |
After the Crisis on Infinite Earths, a 1985-1986 maxiseries which completely reset the continuity of the entire DC Comics Universe, all of DC's major characters and franchises needed to be updated to reflect the changes in the events of their lives. Multiple story arcs were put out to explain these rebooted versions of popular characters.