Appearing in "Book VII: The Ties That Bind!"Edit
- Iron Man
- Ho Yinsen
- James Rhodes
- Fantastic Four
- Ant Man
- Jane Foster
- Rick Jones
- Alicia Masteres
- May Parker
- J. Jonah Jameson
- John Jameson
Synopsis for "Book VII: The Ties That Bind!"Edit
Continuing the (near) chronological retelling of the history of the Marvel Universe, in this issue the following events are recounted:
- The origin of Iron Man, leading to the deaths of Wong-Chu and Professor Yinsen, and how Tony Stark escaped Viet Nam with the help of soldier James Rhodes, and how the experience forged a long friendship with the two.
- The Human Torch's solo adventure into the 5th Dimension where he battled the tyrant Zemu, and freed the people who lived there.
- Ant Man's first encounter with his long time foe Egghead.
- Thor's adventure into the Soviet Union to save captured scientists, an episode that was complicated due to the interference of Loki.
- Rick Jones using a Gamma device to change Bruce Banner's mutation into the Hulk, for the first time Banner is able to utilize his Hulk body with the intelligence of Bruce Banner.
- The first time the Fantastic Four experience financial problems.
- And ending on a similar note, Spider-Man's first adventure in which he tries to rescue John Jameson's space capsule from destruction, despite the bad press from Jameson's father, editor of the Daily Bugle, J. Jonah Jameson.
- Wraparound cover.
Material Excerpted From:
- Amazing Spider-Man #1
- Fantastic Four #9
- Tales of Suspense #39
- Iron Man #47
- Iron Man #144
- Strange Tales #103
- Tales to Astonish #38
- Journey Into Mystery #87
- Journey Into Mystery #88
- Incredible Hulk #4
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Marvel Saga Vol 1 7 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Marvel Saga series
Links and ReferencesEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.