- I flew in the World War -- Of course those crates were kites compared to this.
- -- Congo Bill[[Category::wikipedia:William Glenmorgan (New Earth)/Appearances]]
Appearing in The Spectre: "The Fur Hi-Jackers"Edit
- Mr. Henley
Synopsis for The Spectre: "The Fur Hi-Jackers"Edit
(adapted from plot summary at dcindexes.com)
Jim Corrigan is assigned to investigate a ring of hi-jackers responsible for several fur robberies. As the Spectre, Jim learns that one of the delivery truck drivers, Mulligan, is working with the hi-jackers. However, his attempts to locate the mastermind behind the gang fail.
Appearing in Congo Bill: "Gloria Desmond's Quest"Edit
- Congo Bill[[Category::wikipedia:William Glenmorgan (New Earth)/Appearances]]
- Gloria Desmond (First appearance)
- Horned Tondurs tribe
- Professor Kent
Synopsis for Congo Bill: "Gloria Desmond's Quest"Edit
Congo Bill and Professor Joe Kent are contacted by Gloria Desmond to find her father, who has gone missing in an unexplored area of the African jungle. The trio take Gloria's plane to begin a search. When they land to make repairs, Gloria is taken by The Savage Horned-Tondurs tribe, who plan to sacrifice her. Congo Bill pretends to be their wrathful moon god, and is able to free Gloria from the natives. The trio then resume their quest.
- Congo Bill reveals that he was a pilot in World War I.
Appearing in Doctor Fate: "The People from Outer Space"Edit
- Space Men
Synopsis for Doctor Fate: "The People from Outer Space"Edit
An alien space craft lands on Earth carrying a group of aliens. The spacemen capture an ocean liner and begin attacking the passengers. Inza hears about the alien attack and calls Doctor Fate. He analyzes the alien power source, then destroys their ship. The aliens attack him, but Doctor Fate's power is too much for them. He puts the ocean liner back on course, then leaves the aliens to die on a small island.
- Doctor Fate's body count was the most prodigious of all.
- The Fur Hi-Jackers is reprinted in Golden Age Spectre Archives 1.
- Aside from the stories above, this issue contains:
- "Detective Sergeant Carey and the War God's Revenge" by Joe Donohoe
- "Captain Desmo: Desert Dilemma" by Win
- "Red Pepper" by Sherman
- "Radio Squad: The False Alarms" by Jerry Siegel and Chad
- "Lt. Bob Neal: Jim Dare, Arrested for Sabotage" by B. Hirsch and R. Lehman
- "Biff Bronson: The Hotel Mystery" by Albert and Joseph Sulman
- "Man Hunt" by George Shute (text story)
- "Sgt. O'Malley of the Red Coat Patrol: The Escaped Convict" by Jack Lehti
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss More Fun Comics Vol 1 59 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the More Fun Comics series
Links and ReferencesEdit
This comic page is missing characters!
This comic page is missing one or more character appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the comic issue template.