- Mighty queer! He had that weird perfume on him too! But what's a white man doing here?
- -- Congo Bill[[Category::wikipedia:William Glenmorgan (New Earth)/Appearances]]
Appearing in The Spectre: "Trigger Daniels' Death Curse"Edit
- Chief of Police
- "Trigger" Daniels (Death) (Appears as a ghost or apparition) (Destroyed in this issue)
- O'Leary (Death)
- Unnamed prosecutor (Death)
- Stanley Newton (Death)
- Judge Carlyle
- Amos Gantry (Death)
- Ring of Life
Synopsis for The Spectre: "Trigger Daniels' Death Curse"Edit plot summary at dcindexes.com
Appearing in Congo Bill: "The Jungle Scientist"Edit
- Congo Bill[[Category::wikipedia:William Glenmorgan (New Earth)/Appearances]]
- Professor Joe Kent
- an unnamed scientist
- the unnamed scientist's unnamed step-daughter
- Nagaka (a tribal chief)
Synopsis for Congo Bill: "The Jungle Scientist"EditWhile exploring for botanical samples in a section of Africa unfamiliar to them, Congo Bill and Professor Kent are attacked by a lion. Bill shoots the lion, which is covered in a strange perfume. They soon meet a bespectacled, turban-wearing white man, wearing the same perfume, who claims to be the lion's owner and warns them that they will die. Moving onward, Bill and Joe are soon attacked by some hostile trees with pliable limbs. The unnamed white man, who is using the weird perfume to control the grabby trees, leads them back to his laboratory, where they find a girl, locked up in the lab, who claims to be the Jungle Scientist's step-daughter. She reveals that the man is developing flesh-eating trees, and hopes to make them capable of reasoning, and plans to use her, Joe's, and Bill's brains in this process. Congo Bill makes his move, and forces the scientist to flee into the jungle. The girl has been watching the scientist, and knows the recipe for the weird perfume, and mixes up a batch of it, which will protect them from the man-eating trees in the area. As the trio leave the lab, they discover the scientist, who has been killed by the trees. After departing the area, Congo Bill and Professor Kent leave the girl with their friend Nagaka, a local tribal chieftan.
Appearing in Doctor Fate: "The Man Who Turned People Into Stone"Edit
- The Sorcerer Haldane
- John Jerome, Jr.
- John Jerome, Sr.
- Book of secrets of the Priests of Zoraster
- More Fun Comics (Mentioned)
Synopsis for Doctor Fate: "The Man Who Turned People Into Stone"Edit
Inza attends a house party hosted by John Jerome. When her host takes ill suddenly, Inza suspects black magic and summons Doctor Fate. When the mage arrives on the scene, Inza has been turned to stone by an evil sorcerer. Fate restores life to Inza and removes the spell from Jerome. He then defeats the sorcerer, Haldane, who hoped to steal a hidden treasure in Jerome's home of which the owner had no knowledge.
- Trigger Daniels' Death Curse is reprinted in Golden Age Spectre Archives 1.
- Aside from the stories above, this issue contains:
- "Detective Sergeant Carey and the Panama Plot" by Joe Donohoe
- "Captain Desmo: Heading for the South Seas" by Win
- "Radio Squad: The Man Who Was Dead" by Jerry Siegel and Fred Ray
- "Lieutenant Bob Neal in the Besieged City" by B. Hirsch and R. Lehman
- "Biff Bronson: The Poison Deaths" by Albert and Joseph Sulman
- "Sergeant O'Malley of the Red Coat Patrol: The Gold Bandit" by Jack Lehti
- Doctor Fate claims that he was alive during the year 1698. Given later stories establishing the facts of Kent Nelson's origin, Fate must be referring to Nabu having been alive, not his current human body.
- John Jerome, Jr. character of Doctor Fate story, reading More Fun Comics with Doctor Fate and Inza Cramer in it.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss More Fun Comics Vol 1 63 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the More Fun Comics series
Links and ReferencesEdit
This comic page is missing characters!
This comic page is missing one or more character appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the comic issue template.