- Dizzy Dames! Sometimes I get the feelin' the world'd be better off without 'em!
- -- Nick Fury
Appearing in "The Assassination of Nick Fury"Edit
- Nick Fury (Apparent Death)
- Country Joe and the Fish
- Hydra Spy Craft
Synopsis for "The Assassination of Nick Fury"Edit
Nick Fury's peaceful day with gal pal Laura Brown is shattered by the assassin Bull's Eye. Bull's Eye has been contracted by Hydra to assassinate Nick Fury for the sum of one million dollars. Much to his chagrin, "Fury" had gone to a Central Park concert with Laura Brown to see Country Joe and the Fish. After much surveillance, Bull's Eye "kills" his target.
Dum Dum Dugan and other SHIELD agents quickly descend upon Bull's Eye and Dugan kills him in the ensuing gun battle. Dugan and Brown are shocked to find their fallen leader, Nick Fury, dead. To be continued...
- Cover art: colours by Severin.
- Plot by Friedrich, Trimpe and Ayers, script by Friedrich.
- This is the last issue of Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol 1 that is not a reprinted story.
- This story's villain Bull's Eye is not to be confused with Bullseye. There appears to be no relation between the two characters. The villainous Bull's Eye from this issue is killed and has never made a return to the Marvel Universe.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Don't Yield, Write SHIELD!". Letters are published from W. Thomas Anthony, Bob Krotts, Kurt Black, D. Allen Scheaffer, and Anthony Kowalik.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references below for more info.
- Country Joe and the Fish are an actual American rock and roll group, who even appeared at the 1969 Woodstock festival.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol 1 15 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. series
Links and ReferencesEdit
-  A link to "Country Joe and the Fish" as well a panels where they appear in this issue.
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
- ↑ This issue is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's: