This page may contain some of the same content as the DC Database article. A more complete and current article is at the DC Comics Database Rip Graves (Quality Universe).
- Suppose that handful of Marines on Wake Island felt the same way you do -- They'd have been licked in no time. But together they were a match for any amount of Japs that came at them -- What do you say, Bill ??
- -- the Ghost of Flanders src
Supposedly dead in the Battle of Marne, in the First World War, "Rip" Graves operated in the Second World War as a masked superhero from a crypt beneath the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. He secretly and single-handedly excavated and built this sub-crypt base. The Ghost of Flanders used a red poppy as his trademark, commemorating the Second Battle of Ypres, on Flanders Fields.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Plane: He flew an armed biplane, seemingly of WWI vintage.
- Bayonet: He wielded a vintage WWI bayonet, which he was able to throw with incredible accuracy.
The Battle of Marne took place from 5–12 September 1914, which was two and a half years before the United States entered the First World War. The chronicles are unclear as to the details of Graves' participation in that action.
- 6 Appearances of Rip Graves (Quality Universe)
- Images featuring Rip Graves (Quality Universe)
- 1 Quotations by or about Rip Graves (Quality Universe)
- Character Gallery: Rip Graves (Quality Universe)