Roy Lincoln was a chemist who often collaborated with his father, a demolitions expert, on various experiments. In 1941, Roy's father developed a chemical known as 27-QRX which contained great explosive properties. Nazi agents learned of Lincoln's new chemical and attempted to steal its design so that they could use it as a weapon for themselves, thus giving Nazi Germany an edge over its enemies. The agents raided Professor Lincoln's laboratory and shot him dead. His son Roy, desperate to safeguard his father's work, drank the 27-QRX formula. The result of such a rash act, yielded bizarre side-effects. Roy Lincoln could cause any item he made physical contact with to explode. With this new power, he was able to defeat the Nazi assassins.
Shortly thereafter, Roy developed a special suit made of fibro-wax which afforded him greater control over his abilities. Calling himself the Human Bomb, he became an adventurer and eventually a member of both the Freedom Fighters and the All-Star Squadron, operating first on Earth-Two and later on both Earth-X and Earth-One.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Decelerated Aging: Although he has been active since the early days of World War II, Roy Lincoln has aged at a much slower rate than the average human being. One theory is that the persistent presence of the enigmatic Uncle Sam might have something to do with Roy's decelerated aging.
- Thermal-Blast: Roy Lincoln can generate and release tremendous blasts of thermal energy from his hands. Prolonged physical contact from Roy's hands will cause combustible materials to explode. In order to control the intensity of his powers, Lincoln wears a pair of gloves constructed out of fibro-wax.
- Chemistry: Having studied under his father at a young age, Roy Lincoln is an expert in the scientific field of chemistry.
- Demolitions: After working with his father, as well as his own studies of his powers, Roy developed a keen knowledge of explosives.
- Human Bomb Suit: The Human Bomb wears a full body suit (including hood and gloves) that covers 100% of his body. Made out of a substance called fibro-wax, the suits helps Roy to regulate his often unstable combustive powers.
- This version of Roy Lincoln (Earth-Two), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 96 Appearances of Roy Lincoln (Earth-Two)
- Images featuring Roy Lincoln (Earth-Two)
- 1 Quotations by or about Roy Lincoln (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Roy Lincoln (Earth-Two)
- Human Bomb at dccomics.com
- Human Bomb at Wikipedia.org
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe X
|This article is outdated.|
|Freedom Fighters member |
This character is or was a member of the Freedom Fighters, a team of American super-heroes who fight threats to the nation and its ideals under the leadership of Uncle Sam. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Freedom Fighters members" category.