This page may contain some of the same content as the DC Database article. A more complete and current article is at the DC Comics Database Sandra Knight (Earth-Two).
Sandra 'Sandy' Knight was a society girl, the daughter of Senator Henry Knight, and lived an unadventurous life until the day her father was the victim of an assassination attempt which Sandra herself foiled. This incident prompted her to become a crime fighter, armed with a 'black light ray' developed by an old friend named Professor Davies which could either blind her opponents with a field of darkness or make her invisible. She called herself the Phantom Lady, and fought crime both solo and as a member of the All-Star Squadron.
In 1942 though, Sandra was one of a number of members of the Squadron who migrated to the parallel world of Earth-X in order to help the mysterious Uncle Sam fight the Nazis there (where their progress towards world domination was far more advanced than on her own world, Earth-Two). Unfortunately, Sam's Freedom Fighters were unable to prevent the Nazis conquering Earth-X but, kept young by the mystical presence of Uncle Sam, Sandra and her colleagues did fight a valiant guerrilla war against them for decades, until they finally overthrew them and freed their adopted world with the aid of Earth-One's Justice League of America and Earth-Two's Justice Society of America.
Seeking new challenges, Sandy and the Freedom Fighters migrated to Earth-One for a time (Sandy gaining the ability to phase through solid objects as a result of the trip) but ended up as fugitives from justice due to a misunderstanding upon their arrival. Months later, they returned to Earth-X after a final battle with their arch foe the Silver Ghost, and Sandy, tired of fighting and saddened by the apparent death of her teammate Firebrand, retired from crimefighting, leaving the Freedom Fighters to continue without her.
Crisis on Infinite Earths
The Phantom Lady donned her costume at least once more though, and participated in the Crisis on Infinite Earths. She and her fellow Freedom Fighters fought what they at first thought was an invading force of superhumans, but quickly discovered they were fellow superheroes dealing with a multiversal crisis. They later helped deal with an army of supervillains organized by Brainiac and Lex Luthor.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Appearances, Images, and QuotesEdit
- This version of Sandra Knight (Earth-Two), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Retroactively, Sandra Knight has migrated to Earth-X from Earth-Two continuity. It has been established that she is the cousin to Justice Society member Ted Knight, aka Starman.
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe XVIII
- Digital Comic Museum: Phantom Lady Archive-The Quality Years, Pt. 1
- Digital Comic Museum: Phantom Lady Archive-The Quality Years, Pt. 2
- Digital Comic Museum: Phantom Lady Archive-The Fox Years, Pt. 1
- Digital Comic Museum: Phantom Lady Archive-The Fox Years, Pt. 2
- Digital Comic Museum: Phantom Lady Archive-The Fox Years, Pt. 3
|Freedom Fighters member |
This character is or was a member of the Freedom Fighters, a team of American super-heroes who fight threats to the nation and its ideals under the leadership of Uncle Sam. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Freedom Fighters members" category.