- That was a blast of charged atoms, mutant -- courtesy of Mantis -- whom men call the energy vampire!
- -- Mantis
Appearing in "No Man Shall I Call Master!"Edit
- Darkseid (Behind the scenes)
- Emery Zackro (Behind the scenes) (death revealed)
- Harun of the Astur (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Arizona (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Secret Society hovercraft (First appearance)
- The Cometeer (Cameo)
Synopsis for "No Man Shall I Call Master!"Edit
Captain Comet, a hero from the 1950's, returns to Earth after a long absence and stumbles onto a battle between Green Lantern and Grodd and Hi-Jack. Comet mistakes Green Lantern for the aggressor and helps the villains defeat him. They take him to the Sinister Citadel, where the duped hero is voted into the Secret Society. However, Manhunter reveals the group's true nature to Comet in secret, and tells him of his own misgivings about the Society. Soon afterward, Manhunter shows the Society members an installation of Darkseid, their secret benefactor. They are confronted by Darkseid's minion Mantis and his slaves, who offer them the choice to surrender willingly to the domination of the Lord of Apokolips, or die.
- Includes an advertisement for Hostess Cup Cakes featuring Superman in Superman Saves the Earth.
- This issue includes a one-page public service announcement featuring Superman titled, Justice for All Includes Children, 5.
- Hi-Jack, formerly of the Royal Flush Gang, joins the Secret Society with this issue. He appeared last in Joker #5.
- The death of Captain Comet's parents as well as Professor Emery Zackro is revealed in this issue.
- Discuss Secret Society of Super-Villains Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Secret Society of Super-Villains series