Sexton Blake was a private investigator who, along with his assistant Tinker, fought crime from the late nineteenth to the mid twentieth centuries (though they never seemed to get any older). His secretary and sometime love interest was Paula Dane, and he also had a housekeeper named Mrs Bardell. He had rooms in Baker Street, London, and had two brothers, Henry and Nigel, both of whom were rather less scrupulous than Blake himself.
The Grey Panther (vintage Rolls Royce); Moth monoplane (also called the Grey Panther).
- Sexton Blake began life in text stories published by Alfred Harmsworth's Amalgamated Press, but was later added to the Fleetway stable, and is currently owned by IPC.
- His comics adventures began in Knockout in 1939 and ran until 1960; he later resurfaced in Super Detective Library in 1955 and in Valiant from 1968 to 1970.
- A proposed Sexton Blake series intended to feature in Tornado was hampered by a contract dispute which resulted in the character being reinvented by writer Chris Lowder as Victor Drago. Tinker became Spencer, and Blake's bloodhound Pedro became Brutus.
- Appearances of Sexton Blake
- Images featuring Sexton Blake
- Quotations by or about Sexton Blake
- Character Gallery: Sexton Blake