Appearing in "The Shadow War of Hawkman"Edit
- Henry "Mousy" Mason (Single appearance)
- Thanagar (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Thanagarian Star Cruiser (Appears in flashback and main story)
Synopsis for "The Shadow War of Hawkman"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This limited series is no longer part of canon continuity. In the modern canon (as per Hawkworld (Volume 2)), Katar and Shayera did not come to Earth until the early 1990s .
- This issue includes a brief re-telling of Hawkman and Hawkwoman's origin.
- Flashback cameo appearances of Batman, Byth Rok, Hyathis and Superman.
- Mavis Trent dies in this issue although it will not be revealed until Shadow War of Hawkman #3.
- The Absorbascon is a Thanagarian device that allows the user to tap into the alpha waves of other people – in effect, reading their mind. This is how Katar and Shayera learned Earth's language and customs.
- Hawkman and Hawkwoman now reside in the house formerly owned by George Emmett.
- Hyathis appears in a flashback to Justice League of America #117.
- Reference is made to the Equalizer Plague of Thanagar – an event that robbed all Thanagarians of their individuality and made them of equal intellect, appearance and spirituality. Although the Thanagarians eventually break through the confines of the plague, it ramifications set the stage for the Shadow War.
- The identities of the Thanagarian agents are revealed in greater detail throughout the course of the series. None of them are provided with actual names in this issue.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Shadow War of Hawkman Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shadow War of Hawkman series
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Hawkman at Wikipedia.org
- Hawkman Profile by Alan Kistler
- Hawkman Timeline
- Hawkfan Homepage
- Hawkworld at the DCU Guide
- Hawkman at TV Tropes
- Shadow War of Hawkman #1 spoilers
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.