Appearing in "The Day the Earth Blew Up!"Edit
- The Tyrans (Single appearance)
- Colonel Price (Single appearance)
- Carl Jackson (scientist) (Single appearance)
- Warren Moss (scientist) (Single appearance)
- Mobile Tyran Machine (Destroyed in this issue)
- Challengers' Plane
- Snow Tractor
Synopsis for "The Day the Earth Blew Up!"Edit
While taking on a mission to investigate weird happenings at an abandoned military outpost in the arctic, the Challengers stumble upon a spaceship controlled by the alien Tyrans who are preparing to use their advanced technology to reverse Earth's gravity and eject all it's people into space to make for a quick takeover. Using hypnosis to get one of the Tyrans to do their bidding, the Challengers escape the alien craft and warn the military of the aliens plot to take over the Earth. With the help of military resources, the Challengers manage to fight off the invasion and destroy the alien ship. Saving the day, the story is covered up so as not to incite public fear, and Professor Haley gets a cold for all his trouble.
- This issue is reprinted in Challengers of the Unknown Archives, Volume 1.
- The story is broken into four chapters;
- The Day the Earth Blew Up
- The Tyrans
- The Thing That Came Out of the Sea
- One Minute to Doom
- Moolah the Mystic and Shorty comic strips are featured in this issue.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks