Appearing in "The Good, The Bad and the Uncanny!"Edit
- Galactus (Only in flashback)
- Hercules (Cameo)
- Hulk (Cameo)
- Mephisto (Only in flashback)
- Shalla-Bal (Only in flashback)
- Thing (Cameo)
- Tomazooma (Cameo)
- Zeus (Cameo)
Synopsis for "The Good, The Bad and the Uncanny!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The Terror of Tim Boo Ba"Edit
- The Watcher (Host)
Synopsis for "The Terror of Tim Boo Ba"Edit
- Silver Surfer story reprinted in Marvel's Greatest Superhero Battles.
- This issue features a two page letters page, Who Speaks for the Surfer?. Letters are published from Tom Brown, Gary Anderson, D. D. Toman, Doug Fratz, Dennis Lien, Brian Carlson, and Evan Katten.
- It is disputed that this book is a "low distribution" issue. Some price guides have listed it as such. Roy Thomas, who worked at Marvel Comics at the time has no recall of a low distribution or the urban myth of a truckload of Silver Surfer #4's being "hijacked" prior to the issue's distribution.
- In a TwoMorrows interview in Jack Kirby Collector #18 (January, 1998), artist John Buscema notes that he intentionally broke from the traditional Marvel/Jack Kirby style in this particular issue. Although writer/editor Stan Lee did not appreciate the work at the time of its publication, Buscema noted in the interview that Lee later shared with Buscema that the writer/editor believed that this particular issue was the "the greatest thing you and I ever turned out!"
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Silver Surfer Vol 1 4 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Silver Surfer series
Links and ReferencesEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.