- J... Jim Corrigan!? It... can't be! I killed him... twenty years ago!
- -- Gat Benson
Appearing in Chapter I "The Spectre Means Death?" / Chapter II "Fugitive from Justice!"Edit
- Magical Globe
Synopsis for Chapter I "The Spectre Means Death?" / Chapter II "Fugitive from Justice!"Edit
The Psycho-Pirate steals a magic globe to locate a source of mystic energy that will enable him to remove the magic mask that Doctor Fate used to deny him the use of his powers. The globe gives the Pirate control over a drifter who becomes a giant and can focus the emotion manipulation powers of his master. When the Spectre tries to stop the giant drifter, Psycho-Pirate causes bystanders to fear him. He also siphons off the Spectre's powers. The Spectre seeks to renew his energy by entering the body of Jim Corrigan, but Corrigan wants to arrest him. Instead the Spectre uses his remaining power in a final confrontation with the drifter. He manages to neutralize the giant, but in doing so he allows the Psycho-Pirate to overcome him.
The drifter is then revealed to be Gat Benson, the man who killed Jim Corrigan. When he sees Corrigan alive, Benson panics and accidentally smashes Psycho-Pirate's magic globe. Corrigan is then able to knock out both crooks and reverse the effects of the Pirate's emotional control on the Spectre.
- This issue reunites the Spectre and Jim Corrigan with the man who killed Jim way back in More Fun Comics #52, Gat Benson.
- Reprinted in Adventure Comics #498
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Spectre Vol 1 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Spectre series
Links and ReferencesEdit