|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Star Sapphire (comics).|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Hey Kids Comics Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Carol Ferris reveals to Hal Jordan that during the most recent time the gem possessed her, she gained knowledge of the Star Sapphire: they come from Sector 1416 and comprise a Star Sapphire Corps whose purpose is to spread love throughout all 3600 sectors of the universe. The leaders of the
- For Hearts Long Lost And Full of Fright, For Those Alone In Blackest Night, Accept Our Ring and Join Our Fight -- Love Conquers All -- With Violet Light!
- --'Star Sapphire Corps Oath'
Carol Ferris reveals to Hal Jordan that during the most recent time the gem possessed her, she gained knowledge of the Star Sapphire: they come from Sector 1416 and comprise a Star Sapphire Corps whose purpose is to spread love throughout all 3600 sectors of the universe. The leaders of the Corps are Oans who, after migrating to Zamaron, found a parasitic crystal which they shaped into several Star Sapphires. These were used to empower females who had been loved and spurned, providing them the opportunity for revenge.
In the afterlude of this incident, the Zamarons are shown converting the Star Sapphire (which Hal Jordan had tricked into latching onto one of the Zamarons) into a power ring and lantern, which they place on a dais which contains a ring and lantern set of the Green Lantern Corps and the Sinestro Corps, alongside several ring/lantern sets of different colors mentioning that they must collect all emotions in order to combat "the Prophecy".
After realizing the power of the Star Sapphire was too great for them to control, the Zamarons forged a Violet Power Battery and power ring out of the Star Sapphire gem. Violet power rings are fueled by the emotion of love, one of the two emotions, with the other being rage, that most influence their user.
Not long after the initial realization of the Star Sapphire Corps existence it is revealed that they have built a Central Power Battery and have sent out rings not only to find those who have been loved and spurned but also those who have lost someone they love, with the intent to give love and fight against hate and fear. After the choice is made to become a member of the corps, the initiate is encouraged to follow their heart.
However, the Zamarons were not above inducting new members if they felt it was in their best interests. Following the Sinestro Corps War, the Zamarons captured several female Sinestro Corps members in an attempt to fill the anger and fear in their hearts with love. So far, the only successful conversion is Fatality of Sector 1313. A Star Sapphire Ring was also sent to Carol Ferris, which convinced her that by accepting the Ring, she could save Hal Jordan's life during the War of Light. In truth, the Zamarons, aware that Carol had built up a "tolerance" to the violet light, wanted her to serve as the host for the Predator, the embodiment of the violet light.
- Main article: Blackest Night
Sinestro latter lead his corps to attack Zamaron and free the captured Sinestro Corps members. During their attack, the Black Lantern Corps descended on Zamaron. The arrival of Hal Jordan and the Indigo Tribe managed to hold the line for a time, but two Black rings attached themselves to the corpses in the Violet Central Power Battery, Khu-Fu and Chya-ra. Their rising caused the Violet Battery to explode and free the Predator. The Indigo Tribe transported Carol, Hal, and Sinestro to Korugar, but it is unknown if the Zamarons survived the explosion. For all intents and purposes, the Star Sapphire Corps was removed from the War of Light. Despite this, Carol's powers seem to remain intact.
- Unlike most Lantern Corps, save perhaps Agent Orange, the Star Sapphires are currently all female. However, it is not impossible for a man to wear and use the Ring. During The War of the Green Lanterns, Guy Gardner once wore a Sapphire Ring, in addition to a Red ring, to boost his power, and was able to, if only for a brief time, channel its power, though it proved extremely difficult (mainly due to the fact that he needed to make himself mad and feel love at the same time). The writers also stated that men are allowed into the corp, it's just that none have been found worthy yet.
- It should also be noted that the Entity of Love did possess a man, making him effectively a member of the Star Sapphires during the possession.
- No trivia.
- 45 Appearances of Star Sapphire Corps (New Earth)
- Images that include Star Sapphire Corps (New Earth)
- Organization Gallery: Star Sapphire Corps (New Earth)
Links and References