|First appearance||Hot Stuff #2, December 1957|
|Created by||Warren Kremer|
Stumbo the Giant is a fictional Harvey Comics character. He lives right next to Tiny Town, and everyone in Tiny Town loves him, despite his tendencies to keep them awake with his loud snoring, or to shake up the town with his laughter or by accidentally stomping or falling on the ground. However, he never means to do these things and always has Tiny Town's best interests at heart. Among his best friends are Tiny Town's Officer O'Floodle and The Mayor.
According to Toonopedia, Stumbo's creator is Warren Kremer, and the giant first appeared in 1957. He seldom had a comics series of his own and mostly appeared as a secondary character in Harvey's Hot Stuff comics.
Stumbo used to crush houses by accident. And then he would diligently help them re-build, perhaps even better. His only enemy in Tinytown was Dr Cesspool who would never miss a chance to put the giant to shame in eyes of Tinytown's inhabitants or somehow embarrass him with various rays, so he can take over Tinytown. Stumbo always thwarts him, sometimes without even knowing. He also hates giants in general.
The other side of his storage volcano was the base of a sly army of mischievous trolls who would always have an eye to taking over Tinytown, and of course their only obstacle being Stumbo who would turn them away every time. He has a little brother, Thumbo, and a nephew, Chumbo. Stumbo was also friends with a Chinese giant.
Stumbo had a cameo on the cover of Richie Rich v1 #39.
Stumbo was drawn in two styles. The original and one in which he (and other characters) were chubbier and less intelligent looking.
- Officer (Orville) O'Floodle
- The Mayor (of Tinytown)
- Mr. Thatch
- Doc Sawbones
- Stumbo Tinytown #1 - August 1963
- Stumbo the Giant
- Markstein, Donald D.. "Stumbo The Giant". Don Markstein's Toonopedia™. http://www.toonopedia.com/stumbo.htm. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- Hot Stuff Devil Kids V1 #23 (1966) Watch out for Dr. Cesspoole
- "Stumbo the Giant in "Giant Removal Project"". The Big Blog of Kids’ Comics!. November 7, 2009. http://www.bigblogcomics.com/2009/11/stumbo-giant-in-giant-removal-project.html. Retrieved 11 May 2012. "from Hot Stuff - The Little Devil No. 86, October, 1968."
- Hot Stuff V1 #176 Big Obstacle!
- Hot Stuff V1 #159
- Casper Vol 1 #185 1976 p10
- Hot Stuff Creepy Caves V1#2 (1975)
- Pappy (February 16, 2009). "Tiny Town is missing!". Pappy's Golden Age Comics Blogzine. Blogger. http://pappysgoldenage.blogspot.com/2009/02/if-you-dont-mind-something-personal-i.html. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- Hot Stuff V1 #25 (1960)
|This article about a comics character is a stub. You can help the Crossgen Database by expanding it.|