This page may contain some of the same content as the DC Database article. A more complete and current article is at the DC Comics Database Superboy Vol 1 124.
Appearing in "The Insect Queen of Smallville!"Edit
Synopsis for "The Insect Queen of Smallville!"Edit
While in the forest one day, Lana Lang hears the cries of an insectoid alien that is trapped under a tree. Upon freeing the alien, it shows it's gratitude by giving her a ring that allows her to grant it's wearer any number of powers based on the abilities of insects.
After testing out her new found powers, Lana decides to become a costumed super-hero and becomes the Insect Queen. She then begins traveling around Smallville and stopping criminals, upstaging Superboy each time. Later, once again coming up with another idea to find out if Clark Kent is really Superboy, Lana traps him in a cocoon when radio reports of trouble are reported over the radio.
Lana is shocked when the cocoon suddenly flies off, Clark changes into Superboy and stops the trouble (a pizza place called the Leaning Tower of Pizza was toppling) and returns to the cocoon before Lana can get to it. There Superboy emerges as Clark Kent with butterfly wings which make it appear as though he's "flying", but his wings quickly "wither" (thanks to his X-Ray vision.) Once again convinced that Clark Kent isn't Superboy, Lana gives up and hangs up her Insect Queen costume, planning to someday have more adventures.
Appearing in "Superbaby's First Fight!"Edit
- Dynamite Dick
- Lefty Hooker
Synopsis for "Superbaby's First Fight!"Edit
The Kents take baby Clark to the county fair, where he unthinkingly exhibits his super-powers by flying and clouting a boxer into the air. But his secret is saved, thanks to two inventions of Prof. Phineas Potter.
Appearing in "The Toughest Kid in Smallville!"Edit
- Ben Coles
- Gary Brown
- Steven Hanson
Synopsis for "The Toughest Kid in Smallville!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- "The Insect Queen of Smallville!" is reprinted in Superman Family #167, Best of DC #67 and Legion of Super-Heroes Archives Vol. 4 .
- First appearance of Lana Lang as the Insect Queen.
- "The Toughest Kid in Smallville!" was originally published as an Imaginary Story, but retroactively designated as an alternate universe. According to Absolute Crisis on Infinite Earths, it takes place on Earth-124.2.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Superboy article at Wikipedia
- Superboy article at Supermanica
- Superboy series index at DC Indexes
- Superboy series index at the Grand Comics Database Project