- Naturally, my fame lived through the centuries!
- -- Jimmy Olsen
Appearing in "The Spendthrift and the Miser"Edit
- Lefty Blake
- Swindle Swanton
Synopsis for "The Spendthrift and the Miser"EditTwo con artists named Swindle Stanton and Lefty Blake get a hold of Jimmy Olsen and hypnotize him. They convince him to act irresponsibly with his money and he begins foolishly spending large sums of cash. However, as the sun goes down, Jimmy's personality transforms and begins hording all of his cash. Swindle and Lefty attempt to convince Jimmy to sell them his collection of Superman trophies. The greedy Olsen however, pulls the wool over their eyes and switches his trophies with fake replicas. Superman arrives and succeeds in reversing Swindle and Lefty's hypnotic command over Jimmy. The two con men manage to evade arrest and leave town.
Appearing in "The Boy Who Killed Superman"Edit
- Wax Museum
- Flying Kiddie Car
- Flying Newsroom
- Flying Taxi
Synopsis for "The Boy Who Killed Superman"EditA bizarre accident transports Jimmy Olsen forward through time to the 60th century. In this era, Jimmy is regarded as an infamous villain, and the man who actually succeeded in killing Superman. Jimmy is on the run, but the police apprehend him and send him back to the 20th century. Jimmy finds Superman and warns him about what he has learned. Superman reveals to him however, that his predicted death at Jimmy's hands is actually part of an elaborate setup to bait some criminals into a trap.
Appearing in "The Human Skyscraper"Edit
- Wonder Wilson
- Daily Planet
- Metropolis Stadium
Synopsis for "The Human Skyscraper"Edit
Jimmy Olsen is suffering from a toothache and consults with Professor Phineas Potter. Potter gives Jimmy a pill, but rather than cure his ache, it causes Jimmy to grow into an enormous giant. Jimmy loses his memory and begins rampaging throughout Metropolis. Superman flies after him and tries to keep Giant Jimmy from wreaking any more havoc. Eventually, the effects of Professor Potter’s pill wear off and Jimmy returns to normal.
- "The Spendtrift and the Miser" was reprinted in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #125.
- "The Boy Who Killed Superman" was reprinted in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #113 and Superman (Volume 1) Annual #4.
- "The Human Skyscraper" was reprinted in 80-Page Giant #2.
- Jimmy Olsen appeared last in Action Comics #238. He appears next in Superman's Girlfriend, Lois Lane #2
- Professor Phineas Potter appeared last in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #27. He appears next in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #32.
- No trivia.
- Jimmy Olsen image gallery
- Jimmy Olsen appearances list
- Jimmy Olsen quotes page
- Lois Lane image gallery
- Lois Lane appearances list
- Lois Lane quotes page
- Perry White image gallery
- Perry White appearances list
- Perry White quotes page
- Superman image gallery
- Superman appearances list
- Superman quotes page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen Vol 1 28 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen series
- Action Comics
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman Family
- Superman's Girlfriend, Lois Lane
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Jimmy Olsen article at Wikipedia
- Jimmy Olsen article at Supermanica
- Jimmy Olsen series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Jimmy Olsen series index at Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics