Appearing in "Lightning Strikes Twice (Part III of III)"Edit
Synopsis for "Lightning Strikes Twice (Part III of III)"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This issue is reprinted in the Day of Vengeance trade paperback.
- Eclipso appears next in Day of Vengeance #1.
- This is not the first time that Captain Marvel has had to face an Eclipsed Superman. He first fought against Super-Eclipso in Action Comics Annual #4.
- This issue is the first canonical use of the "lightning strike ambush". In Earth-22 continuity, a brainwashed Captain Marvel used a similar tactic to weaken Superman. The editors of this issue credit Mark Waid and Alex Ross for the inspiration.
- Chronologically, Superman and Captain Marvel first battled Eclipso in the Superman/Shazam - First Thunder limited series.
|Lightning Strikes Twice|
|Part I: Action Comics #826||Part II: Adventures of Superman #639||Part III: Superman (Volume 2) #216|
- Action Comics
- Power of Shazam
- Spectre (Volume 5)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman/Shazam - First Thunder
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Superman article at Supermanica
- Superman article at Toonopedia
- Superman (Volume 2) series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Superman (Volume 2) series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Captain Marvel article at Toonopedia
- Captain Marvel biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Shazam article at Wikipedia
- Shazam biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
- Kingdom Come #4
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.