Appearing in "Revelations"Edit
- Benjamin Cox (Final appearance)
- Frank North
- Sister Anne-Marie (Death)
- John Constantine
- Phantom Stranger
- Adam Strange
- Alan Moore
- Alexander Luthor
- Brujería (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Ambush Bug
- Captain Compass
- Clyde Barrow
- Demons (Cameo)
- Doctor Fate
- Elongated Man
- Enemy Ace
- Hourman (Rick Tyler)
- John "Liver-Eating" Johnson
- Little Sure Shot
- Negative Man
- Rag Doll
- Monitor's Satellite
- South America (Appears in flashback and main story)
- The Spirit World
- Helmet of Fate (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Revelations"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This issue is a "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover. Most of the heroes seen in this issue make cameo appearances only. The events from this issue are concurrent with those from Crisis on Infinite Earths #5 in which five parallel Earths began to merge together.
- The Phantom Stranger makes reference to the Newcastle exorcism from "last winter". John comments that he was in a "loony bin for a few weeks". The details behind the Newcastle exorcism were chronicled in Hellblazer #11, albeit with some retconning. The exorcism actually took place in 1978, not the previous winter, and John spent two years at the Ravenscar Secure Hospital as a result of it, as opposed to the few weeks referenced in this issue.
- This issue is named for the Book of Revelations, the final book in the Christian Bible. The story opens with a passage from the Book of Revelations, 8:10; The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star shot from the sky, flaming like a torch... the name of the star was Wormwood.
- The city where much of the cross-time chaos is taking place is unidentified, but it is likely Manhattan.
- Reference is first made to the Parliament of Trees in this issue. The Parliament is introduced in Swamp Thing #47.
- The Wolf-Men that are seen attacking the woman in the alley on page 11 are likely the Wolves of Earth-AD continuity, though this is never confirmed.
- When the Swamp Thing and Constantine first enters the Monitor's satellite they observe how 5 Earths are about to merge, but at this point in the Crisis of Infinite Earths (Crisis issue #5) only 2 Earths are about to merge. The 3 others are not added until the end of Crisis issue #6. This inconsistency has no impact on the story, though.
- Benjamin Cox is murdered by John Constantine's friend, Judith] shortly after the events of this issue.
- There is a background individual seen twice in this issue who bears a strong resemblance to writer Alan Moore. He is first seen in the bottom left corner of panel 3, page 2, running in terror from a giant squid. He is next seen on panel 1, page 20 walking behind Sister Anne-Marie on the streets of London. The character is wearing a t-shirt with an encircled letter "V", the logo design associated with Alan Moore's V for Vendetta series. This is not the only time that the Swamp Thing series pays homage to V for Vendetta. In issue #88 on page 5, a Guy Fawkes mask can be seen on the bottom panel. The mask is the same one that is worn by V throughout the series.
- Constantine tells the Swamp Thing that the Parliament of Trees can be found in Brazil at the mouth of the Tefé River. The Swamp Thing and Abby will one day name their daughter Tefé.
- There is a store sign on one of the London shops that reads "Veitch at Putney". This is a reference to writer/artist Rick Veitch.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Swamp Thing Vol 2 46 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Swamp Thing series
- Swamp Thing (Volume 1)
- Swamp Thing (Volume 2)
- Swamp Thing (Volume 3)
- Swamp Thing (Volume 4)
- Swamp Thing (Volume 5)
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Swamp Thing at Wikipedia
- Swamp Thing at Sequart
- Swamp Thing at Toonopedia
- Swamp Thing at DCU Guide
- Swamp Thing Annotations
- Swamp Thing Database at Roots of the Swamp Thing
- Swamp Thing at TV Tropes
- Swamp Thing movie entry at the Internet Movie Databse (IMDB)
- Swamp Thing live-action television series at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
- Swamp Thing animated series at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
Crisis on Infinite Earths Crossover