This page contains some of the same content as the Marvel Database article. A more complete and current article is at the Marvel Comics Database The Crossing.
For more complete information visit the Marvel Comics Database version of this article.
- The Crossing was created to redefine Iron Man in the Marvel Universe
- Through Heroes Reborn and Avengers: Forever most of it has been retconned; Mantis, the Cotati-Swordsman, Moonraker and the Anachronauts were retconned to have been Space Phantoms; Kang was retconned to have actually been Immortus using the guise of his younger self.
- The Crossing consist of 2 Preludes, 22 Chapters including Tie-ins and 1 Aftermath making it a total of 25 Issues.
- Eric J. Moreels of the Marvel Handbook Staff suggested a Reading Order but there are a few things that should be considered:
- Moreels listed Avengers #390 as the first Prelude and Iron Man #319 as the second Prelude; the Iron Man Book however appeared in August 1995 and the Avengers Book in September 1995; from a story standpoint it doesn't matter which book you read first, so you might as well consider the Iron Man Book as the first Prelude since it was published earlier
- next Moreels listed Force Works #16 before Iron Man #320 though Force Works was published in October 1995 while the Iron Man Book was released in September 1995; the stories give no reason to put the books in this particular order so the Force Works Book can be read after the Iron Man Book in the order they were published
- Moreels listed Force Works #20 before Avengers 394 though it was published a Month later; this is however right; the Force Works book takes place at the same time as Iron Man 324 and you can see the Wasp still in her Cocoon; since the Avengers Book shows the Wasp hatching from the Cocoon it must take place after the events of Force Works; the Avengers book continues directly from the Iron Man book starting with the captive Moonraker who was abducted in the Iron Man book
- Moreels listed War Machine #23 as Chapter 20; you can read at any time after the events in Force Works #19 and War Machine #22 (Chapters 14 and 15).
- Moreels' Listing can be found here: http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/archive/index.php/t-22515.html
- No trivia.
- Pages referring to the "The Crossing" event
- Media The Crossing was Mentioned in
- Images showing "The Crossing"
- Event Gallery: The Crossing
Links and References