|The Night Before Christmas|
|Directed by||Wilfred Jackson|
|Music by||Leigh Harline|
|Distributed by||United Artists Pictures|
In a loose adaptation of Clement C. Moore's famous poem, St. Nick is seen delivering the toys that he made in 1932's Santa's Workshop to a house full of sleeping children. The toys come alive, and they dance around and have fun. The kids awake to find a beautiful Christmas tree with lots of toys.
To be described.
- Scenes deleted from some A Walt Disney Christmas VHS and laserdisc releases:
- Santa gets full of soot when he comes down the chimney, and he appears in blackface.
- All home video copies delete sequences of toys resembling Amos 'n Andy. Even the Walt Disney Treasures: More Silly Symphonies DVD release cuts the sequences which was an error, but they would later do a replacement discs program correcting the errors on the original copies.
- Then, when the kids wake up, Junior catches Santa going up the fireplace.
- Running to the fireplace, he gets full of soot, and he dances around in blackface.
- Recent VHS releases seem to have these back in.
- Mickey Mouse puts in a "guest appearance" in wind-up toy form.
Home video releases
- A Walt Disney Christmas
- The Santa Clause