Appearing in "Whom the Gods Would Destroy!"Edit
- Seidring (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Whom the Gods Would Destroy!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in Tales of Asgard, Home of the Mighty Norse Gods!: The "Summons!"Edit
Synopsis for Tales of Asgard, Home of the Mighty Norse Gods!: The "Summons!"Edit
Continued from last issue...
With Loki captured by Ula, Queen of the Flying Trolls, Thor has journeyed to her base the Hive Of Stone to try diplomacy in retrieving his captive step-brother. Ula demands that Thor become her consort and rule along side her, less she kill all those aboard his ship. This is a demand that Loki suggests Thor comply with as well, hoping to use it as a means to get rid of his half-brother.
Before Thor can make a decision, there is a blinding flash of light that allows Thor to escape with Loki and return to their ship. There they find that the Warriors Three were fitting the crew to go on a rescue mission for Thor and Loki. When two returning leaders relate the story, Thor theorizes that the only one who could have came to their rescue and cause the blinding flash was Odin himself.
In answer to this, Odin's image suddenly appears, Odin informs them that their quest is done and that they may return to Asgard.
This story is continued next issue....
- This is the first issue of The Mighty Thor, previously known as Journey into Mystery.
- Cover art is homaged in:
- Thor #338 (December 1983)
- Thor #429 (February 1991)
- Thor #458 (Late January 1993)
- Thunderstirke #10 (July 1994)
- Hero Squared #4 (November 2006) (published by BOOM! Studios)
- Incredible Hercules #113 (February 2008)
- Avengers #5 (Super Hero Squad Variant) (November 2010)
- Hercules next appears in Tales To Astonish #79 before returning to this title in Thor #128.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thor Vol 1 126 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Thor series
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Thor (Marvel Comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Thor at Marvel.com
- Thor site at Marvel.com
- The Immortal Thor of Asgard
- The Thor Message Board
- Thor at The Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Grand Comics Database: Thor Vol 1