Tribune Media Services (TMS) was a syndication company owned by Tribune Company. The company had two divisions: News and Features, and Entertainment Products.
The company has previously been known as Chicago Tribune Syndicate, Chicago Tribune New York News Syndicate (CTNYNS) and Tribune Company Syndicate.
TMS is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois and with The company has offices in various American cities (Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Queensbury, New York; Arlington, Texas; Santa Monica, California), United Kingdom, Netherlands, and Hong Kong.
Products and Services
It distributes media products, such as news, comic strips, television listings and other information services to publications across the United States, Canada, and other countries in a variety of languages, for both print and web syndication. The entertainment division of the company owns and provide content for the TV/movie, news website Zap2it.com. TMS also provides guidance information in electronic programming guides such as TiVo, and DirecTV's EPG services.
Through its subscription services, TMS offers access to the following information services: ABC News, Gannett News Services, Kiplinger Consumer News, and Los Angeles Times World Report.
Its Content Delivery Site is a subscription service for newspapers and other media channels. The content provided includes comics, puzzles, games, editorial cartoons, as well as feature content packages. The content delivery site also markets content from other sources, such as, U.S. News & World Report. The service has a partnership with the McClatchy Corporation providing multimedia content and info graphics worldwide.
TMS also offers products and services for niche markets via TMS Specialty Products.
MCT has, world wide, 600-plus contributors and serves more than 1,200 clients, services and resellers.
- James Pinnick, GM News & Features
- Karen Eich, Director of Operations
- Joyce Winnecke, Vice President and Associate Editor
- Mary Elson, Managing Editor
- Scott Cameron, Director of Sales and Domestic Syndication
- Sarah Bright, Manager of Product Development
- Wayne Lown, Director of MCT Sales & Marketing
- Ryan Stephens, Director of International Sales
- Oliver Cahalan, Regional Executive
- Rick DeChantal, Manager, Sales
- Vince Navarro, Manager IP Relations/MCT
- Steve Tippie, Vice President of Licensing and News & Features New Market Development
- 9 to 5
- Animal Crackers
- Bottom Liners
- Bound and Gagged
- Brewster Rockit: Space Guy!
- Dick Tracy
- Gasoline Alley
- Gil Thorp
- Loose Parts
- Love Is...
- The Middletons
- Raising Hector
Notable discontinued strips
- Aggie Mack
- Brenda Starr, Reporter
- Compu-toon (moved to Universal Press Syndicate)
- The Gumps
- Harold Teen
- Heathcliff (moved to Creators Syndicate)
- Little Orphan Annie
- Moon Mullins
- Mother Goose and Grimm (moved to King Features Syndicate)
- Motley's Crew
- Shoe (moved to King Features Syndicate)
- Smokey Stover
- Spy vs. Spy
- Terry and the Pirates
- Winnie Winkle
- The World's Greatest Superheroes
- ↑ "Tribune Company History". Funding Universe. http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/tribune-company-history/.
- ↑ International Directory of Company Histories. 63. St. James Press. 2004.
- ↑ http://www.rapidtvnews.com/2014061234059/tribune-to-merge-media-services-into-gracenote-operations.html
- ↑ "Solutions". TMS News and Features. http://tmsfeatures.com/solutions/.
- ↑ "Enterprise". TMS News and Features. http://www.tmsfeatures.com/solutions/enterprise/.
- ↑ "Content on Demand for Special Sections and Niche Publications". TMS Specialty Products. http://tmsspecialtyproducts.com.
- ↑ "FAQ: What is MCT". MCT Direct. http://www.mctdirect.com/guide/faq.php#7.