Appearing in "Kings of Pain part 3: Queens of Sacrifice"
- Muir Island X-Men (controlled by the Shadow King)
- Andrew Chord (Flashback and main story)
- New Warriors (Flashback and main story)
- Piecemeal (Gilbert Benson) (merges with Proteus) (Flashback and main story)
- Harness (Flashback and main story)
- Proteus (Resurrected) (Flashback and main story)
- Gideon (Appears in shadow only)
- Toad (Appears in shadow only)
- Alliance of Evil (Cameo) (Only in flashback)
- Shadow King (Cameo)
- Joe MacTaggert (Corpse) (Only in flashback)
- Angus MacWhirter (Corpse) (Only in flashback)
- Alysande Stuart (On a TV or computer screen)
- X-Men (Cameo) (Only in flashback)
- Unnamed Edinburgh policemen
- Marvel Universe
- Cerebro (Only in flashback)
- X-Force's ship
Synopsis for "Kings of Pain part 3: Queens of Sacrifice"
Unable to contact Moira MacTaggert, the New Warriors and X-Force fly to Muir Island. In the telepathic thrall of the Shadow King along with the other Muir Island X-Men, Moira activates the Island’s automated defenses. After Cannonball, Firestar, Marvel Boy, Namorita, and Nova disable them, Moira and her X-Men attack, but they stop once Cable arrives with the rest of the two teams. Meanwhile, Harness arrives in Edinburgh with Piecemeal and fights off several policemen. Back on Muir Island, upon learning from X-Force and the Warriors that AIM is trying to resurrect her son Proteus, Moira agrees to help stop them. Alysande Stuart calls and alerts the assembled teams that Harness and Piecemeal are in Edinburgh. In Vail, the two shadowy masterminds behind these events continue their chess game. The Muir Island X-Men, New Warriors, and X-Force fly to Edinburgh and split into two groups. One led by Moira tries to contain and help Piecemeal while the other group battles and defeats Harness. Moira is unable to drain Piecemeal of Proteus’s energy, and neither Legion nor Marvel Boy can telekinetically contain him. As he bloats to gigantic proportions, Piecemeal cries out for his mother—Harness. She demands he hold in all the energy, but he cannot and explodes. Proteus appears and declares he has merged with Piecemeal. He then says goodbye to Moira and Harness and sets off a massive explosion.
Appearing in "The Killing Stroke part 2: The Razor's Edge"
- Reinhold Kurtzmann (Death)
Synopsis for "The Killing Stroke part 2: The Razor's Edge"
Freedom Force battles Desert Sword and rescues Kurtzmann. Crimson Commando orders the team to split up and rendezvous at the airport; Desert Sword splits up to catch them. Blob, Pyro, and Kurtzmann hide in a restaurant but are soon found. When Arabian Knight grabs Kurtzmann, Pyro kills the scientist rather than let Desert Sword have him. Avalanche and Crimson Commando reach the airport, but it has been booby-trapped with land mines. They accidentally trigger one and are caught in the ensuing explosion.
Appearing in "The Origin of the X-Men"
- Excalibur (On a TV or computer screen)
- Fallen Angels (On a TV or computer screen)
- Minor Domo
- New Mutants (On a TV or computer screen)
- X-Factor (On a TV or computer screen)
- X-Force (On a TV or computer screen)
- X-Men (On a TV or computer screen)
- X-Terminators (On a TV or computer screen)
- Beyonder (On a TV or computer screen)
- Brood (On a TV or computer screen)
- Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (On a TV or computer screen)
- Hellfire Club (On a TV or computer screen)
- Krakoa (On a TV or computer screen)
- Marauders (On a TV or computer screen)
Synopsis for "The Origin of the X-Men"
Major Domo screens for Mojo a documentary detailing the history of the X-Men. When it begins to discuss the various groups spun off from the X-Men, Mojo orders it stopped. He says the film is too convoluted and far-fetched, and he demands it be redone.
Appearing in "Wolverine: The Enemy Within"
- Wolverine's adamantium skeleton (Dream)
Synopsis for "Wolverine: The Enemy Within"
Wolverine dreams he is naked in a forest being stalked by his adamantium skeleton. He attacks it, but it easily overpowers him and merges with him. He wakes up to find he trashed his bedroom in his sleep and reckons he will not sleep easily until he accepts what is inside him.
- "Queens of Sacrifice" is part three of the four-part "Kings of Pain" crossover with New Mutants, New Warriors, and X-Factor. The story continues from New Warriors Annual #1 and concludes in X-Factor Annual #6.
- "The Killing Stroke" continues from New Mutants Annual #7 and concludes in X-Factor Annual #6.
- This issue is reprinted in:
- Essential X-Men vol. 11 trade paperback (2013);
- X-Force Omnibus hardcover (2013);
- X-Men Epic Collection vol. 19: Mutant Genesis trade paperback (2017).
- "Queens of Sacrifice" is also reprinted in:
- New Warriors Classic vol. 2 trade paperback (2010);
- New Warriors Omnibus hardcover (2013);
- "The Razor's Edge" is also reprinted in the Essential X-Factor vol. 5 trade paperback (2012).
- Art Nichols is credited as "Co." in the credits.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Uncanny X-Men Annual Vol 1 1991 on the forums
- Images from Uncanny X-Men Annual Vol 1 1991
Links and References
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men at Marvel Subscriptions
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 11/19/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing