Appearing in "Double Death"
- Lila Cheney
- Gladiator (Kallark) (controlled by the Warskrulls)
- Lilandra Neramani (controlled by the Warskrulls)
- Warskrulls (disguised as Psylocke and the Starjammers)
- Professor X impostor (Death)
- Warskrull Prime (disguised as Lord Chamberlain and Professor X)
Synopsis for "Double Death"
Gambit and Jubilee watch as Professor X has the now enthralled Gladiator rip Deathbird’s wings from her body. Outraged, Gambit reveals himself and attacks, and Jubilee reluctantly follows his lead. Deathbird resists Gladiator, and Gambit flees with Jubilee, running into a shackled Lila Cheney. Gambit frees her, but she teleports away with Deathbird, leaving him and Jubilee to be captured. The other X-Men soon arrive with Lilandra and the Starjammers, but Gambit and Jubilee have disappeared. After inspecting the scene, Wolverine suddenly kills Professor X. Psylocke knocks him out with her psychic knife, and Lilandra orders the X-Men’s arrest. Just then, Lila and Deathbird return armed, lay down cover fire, and teleport away with Storm, Banshee, and Forge. The Lord Chamberlain takes charge, has Psylocke sedate Lilandra, and orders the Starjammers to hunt down the X-Men. Lila teleports the three X-Men to the homeworld of the P!ndyr race where Deathbird shows them that the entire population has been slaughtered on Professor X’s orders. Lila gathers weapons and equipment, and the X-Men agree to help her and Deathbird take him down. Soon, the Starjammers arrive in orbit having tracked Deathbird. Deathbird, Lila, and the X-Men are flying up to confront them when some force takes over Deathbird’s mind. She has Lila teleport the two of them away, leaving the X-Men to face the Starjammers. Elsewhere, Psylocke awakens Jubilee so she and Wolverine can be added to a collection of bound captives. The Lord Chamberlain reveals himself to be a Skrull impostor, and Jubilee recognizes Oracle, the real Psylocke, and the real Professor X among her fellow prisoners. The Skrull uses a device to transform himself into an exact duplicate of the professor, including his telepathic powers. As Jubilee pleads with Wolverine to do something, the real Professor X thinks the battle is far from over.
- This issue is reprinted in:
- X-Men: Crossroads trade paperback (1998);
- X-Men Visionaries: Jim Lee trade paperback (2002);
- Marvel Milestones: Jim Lee and Chris Claremont - X-Men and Starjammers #2 (Nov. 2006);
- X-Men by Chris Claremont & Jim Lee Omnibus vol. 2 hardcover (2011);
- Essential X-Men vol. 11 trade paperback (2013);
- X-Men XXL by Jim Lee hardcover (2019).
- Ads in this issue included : [inside front cover] Double Dragon II, Turtles Cereal, Score, Nolan (3 page ad), Taxan, Marvel Prize Claim, Bullpen Bulletins, Subscribe!, [inside back cover] 3 Musketeers, [back cover] Dungeons & Dragons.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 276 on the forums
- Images from Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 276
Links and References
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men at Marvel Subscriptions
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 11/17/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing