Appearing in "What If...Norman Osborn won the Siege of Asgard?"
- Dark Avengers
- New Avengers
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Only appearance; dies)
- Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers) (Only appearance; dies)
- Luke Cage (Only appearance; dies)
- Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) (Only appearance; dies)
- Captain America ("Bucky" Barnes) (Only appearance; dies)
- Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse) (Only appearance; dies)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Only appearance; dies)
- Thor (Only appearance; dies)
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Only appearance; dies)
- Fantastic Four
- Hood (Parker Robbins) (Only appearance; dies)
- Sentry (Robert Reynolds)/Void
- Taskmaster (Only appearance; dies)
- Wrecker (Dirk Garthwaite) (Only appearance; dies)
- Valkyrie (Brunnhilde) (Only appearance; dies)
- Daredevil (Matt Murdock) (Only appearance; dies)
- Moon Knight (Marc Spector) (Only appearance; dies)
- Absorbing Man (Carl Creel) (Only appearance; dies)
- Uatu the Watcher
- President Barack Obama (Only appearance; dies)
- Atau the Watcher (Only appearance; dies) Of this reality
- Lindy Reynolds (Mentioned) (Death)
- Iron Patriot Armor
- Captain America's Shield
- Doctor Doom's Armor
- Iron Man Armor MK IV
- Cyclops' Visor
Synopsis for "What If...Norman Osborn won the Siege of Asgard?"
In an alternate reality, Ares decides to go with his instincts, attempting to kill Norman Osborn before the Siege of Asgard. However, he is stopped and killed by the Sentry. Unlike Earth-616, Sentry wasn't weakened by killing Ares during the Siege and entered the battle fully rested. Sentry quickly kills the Avengers when they arrive to assist Asgard. Iron Man, the X-Men and the Fantastic Four arrive to help but are all overwhelmed. Emma Frost, Doctor Doom, Namor and Loki conspire to stop Osborn, who's planning on usurping the President. They bring Bullseye before the Sentry and reveal to him that he killed his wife, Lindy. However, the Void surfaces in Reynolds and he kills everyone including the Cabal and the Dark Avengers before going after the rest of the planet. This Earth's Watcher, Atau, converses with Uatu and tells him that as with the Watchers' duty, they cannot interfere, even as the Void moves on from Earth.
Appearing in "What If I, the Watcher, Killed Galactus?"
- Uatu the Watcher/Galactus
- Fantastic Four
- Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
- Invisible Woman (Sue Storm)
- Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
- Thing (Ben Grimm)
- Silver Surfer (Norrin Radd)
- Galactus (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "What If I, the Watcher, Killed Galactus?"
Uatu the Watcher has killed Galactus before he could consume Earth. The other Watchers arrive and declare that he shall be punished. Mister Fantastic attempts to speak up in his defense, but the Watchers refuse, stating that with breaking the law of non-interference, there can be no defense. The Silver Surfer is inclined to kill Uatu, only to be stopped by the Watchers. The Fantastic Four, Uatu and the Surfer are taken to the realm of the Watchers. As unreasonable as the Watchers are, the FF choose to spring Uatu, who refuses to be free. He accepts a punishment -- to be the new Galactus!
Appearing in "...What if Bullseye had not Killed Elektra?"
- Foggy Nelson
- Becky Blake
- Eric Slaughter
- Bullseye (Death)
Synopsis for "...What if Bullseye had not Killed Elektra?"
--For a full synopsis of this comic, please see the original publishing of this comic in What If? #35.--
Finally, celebrate the historic 200th issue of What If? Since debuting in 1977, What If? has become a corner staple in the Marvel Universe by spotlighting “the road not traveled” by many of its heroes & villains as well as the domino effect that the point of divergence creates. What If? 200 offers two titanic tales— the main story is one with a different POV on Siege, “What If Norman Osborn Won the Siege of Asgard?” What if the Sentry didn’t lose control of the Void during battle, allowing for the Siege to ultimately decimate our heroes? With Osborn on top of the world, only one force stands in his way: Doom... and he’s not alone as he rebuilds the Cabal with the X-Men?! By Marc Guggenheim and Dave Wilkins. The second tale is one that will be talked about amongst the multiverse: the murder of Galactus at the hands of...the WATCHER!?! Based on the events in the classic “Coming of Galactus” storyline in ‘The Fantastic Four 48-50,’ this one is written by none other than the scribe of those original stories, Stan “The Man” Lee, himself. Joining him is recent FF artist, Dale Eaglesham. If there is only one back-up story you’ll read this year, true believers, it must be this one!
- Also features a What If? retrospective with Roy Thomas, a "What Was your Favorite What If?" section asking that question of Jeph Loeb, Dan Slott, Mike Deodato, Tom DeFalco, Leinil Yu, John Romita, Jr., Tom Brevoort, Greg Land, Mark Waid, Craig Kyle, Greg Pak, Peter David, and Brian Michael Bendis, a reprint of What If...Bullseye had not killed Elektra?, and a What If? Cover Gallery, with a corresponding list of the premises for each issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss What If? Vol 1 200 on the forums
- Images from What If? Vol 1 200
Links and References
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks