This is one of the cartoons that Warner would occasionally produce that featured few or none of its stable of characters, just a series of gags, usually based on outrageous stereotypes and plays on words, as a narrator (Robert C. Bruce) describes the action. This one is somewhat different in that Porky Pig (Mel Blanc) appears, as the zookeeper of the "Azusa Zoo". Some excerpts:
- In a comic "triple", a timber wolf is shown, then a gray wolf, then a "Hollywood wolf" (a frequent reference in the 1940s WB cartoons).
- Other creatures include a "missing lynx", a "tortoise and the hair", "March hares" who march to a drumbeat, a down-on-his-luck "bum steer", an Indian elephant playing an American Indian, and a bald eagle wearing a toupee.
- There is also a running joke about a lion who is awaiting the arrival of the ice cream truck.
- List of Porky Pig cartoons
- Who's Who in the Zoo at Internet Movie Database