- Damn. You did that to a kid? That's brutal, over-the-top, and completely unnecessary. There had to be a kinder, more humane solution. I think I love you, Jacko.
- -- Ladytron
Appearing in "The Protectorate (Part 1 of 3): Groundwork"
- Kheran blades
Synopsis for "The Protectorate (Part 1 of 3): Groundwork"
Grunge sits and ponders whether or not taking Spartan's offer to be his second-in-command is a good idea or not. He gets an idea while reviewing their fight with The Red Blade. He wakes up Link and asks if they've found a way to use Door technology. Link says they're close and Grunge asks him to forward all info they have on Doors A.S.A.P.
Voodoo and Sir Edwin monitor Battalion and Ladytron who have entered a psychiatric hospital in their quest to find the Earth's current Doctor. The two are after Chimera but even in his unconscious state, his imagination spawns forces to defend him. Battalion finally reaches the kid and blasts his occipital cortex which will keep Chimera from ever imagining anything ever again. Sir Edwin tells them that Chimera is not the new Doctor so they must keep looking.
At Majestic's hidden base within Mount Rushmore, Nemesis is having sex with the mute/powerless/immobile Majestic. She tells him that someone saved her when she fell into the Volcano. Whoever saved her told her that she could have whatever she wanted and what she wanted most was Majestic. Since the odds of two Kherans having a baby are very low, Nemesis has chosen to keep Majestic with her until they conceive, which could take years.
On Skywatch III, nurse Luisa Biondi is helping Warblade with some physical therapy. The battle with The Red Blade left him with severe spinal damage. As he asks about some of the other injured heroes, him and Luisa share a moment as he asks her how she is doing.
Apollo is helping Link build a Particle Magnet that will help reduce the radiation in Earth's atmosphere. When Apollo re-enters the station, Midnighter asks him for a private word. Midnighter tells Apollo that he feels he needs to go take care of something on Earth. He tells Apollo that he's the only one who knows he's going to Earth and with that, Midnighter leaves.
On Earth, Zealot is training women volunteers to become Coda. She is frustrated by their progress and tells Cybernary and Petrified Girl to do better at training them. She then goes to Maul who she has working on a way to breed warriors quickly. Maul tells her that some of the women are dying from the experimentation but Zealot doesn't care. As she leaves a shocked Maul, Midnighter watches her from the bushes.
- The cover to this issue links up with the cover to The Authority Vol 4 #22.
- This issue explains Nemesis' small appearance among the gathered heroes in The Authority Vol 4 #18.
- Chimera first appeared in DC/Wildstorm: Dreamwar and was responsible for conjuring the heroes (and villains) of the DC Universe to the Wildstorm Universe.
- The imaginary beings created by Chimera are The Americans and other superpower beings that were created by Jacob Krigstein as shown in The Authority (Volume 1).
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Wildcats: World's End Vol 1 23 on the forums
- Images from Wildcats: World's End Vol 1 23