Wyoming is the 44th U.S. State, admitted to the Union on July 10, 1890. The capital and the most populous city of Wyoming is Cheyenne.
In the mid-1800s, young Chuck Dawson witnessed the death of his father in a range war at the Circle-D ranch in Red Gulch, Texas. Following his father's death, Chuck went to live with his uncle Dan at the Dawson Ranch in Wyoming. Chuck would grow up to become one of many unsung heroes of the Wild West.
In the late 1800s, an outlaw named Hoke Claggett came to the Polk farm and murdered the father of young Bill Polk. It was at first believed that a local man named Mallon was responsible for the crime, but he was soon proven innocent. Bill Polk, swearing revenge against Claggett, embarked on a journey to track him down under the name the Wyoming Kid. Years later, Polk found Claggett and exacted the vengeance that he had promised.
In another part of the territory, a group of bank robbers were fleeing from a heist when they stumbled upon the town sheriff, a man named Manser. They ruthlessly gunned the sheriff down and his young daughter Kate was sent to an orphanage. When Kate turned eighteen, she left the orphanage and began a lifelong quest tracking down each man responsible for her father's death. In her travels she came to be known as Cinnamon.
In 1904, Cheyenne became the site of one of the most infamous murders in American history. An outlaw named George Barrow tracked retired bounty hunter Jonah Hex down to a saloon where he found him in the middle of a poker game. He withdrew a double-barrel shotgun and fired two shots into Jonah's stomach, ending a career that lasted more than fifty years.
In modern years, a woman named Angela Roth established her own ranch in the town of Jackson Hole. Roth's ranch however catered to young women who had lost their way in life and hoped to eke out a new existence for themselves. While tending to her responsibilities at the ranch, Angela and her charges were attacked by members of the Wildebeest Society. Accompanying them was a powerful malignant force of energy similar to the Soul Self generated by Angela's daughter Raven. This lion-shaped entity attacked and slaughtered nearly everyone at the ranch. Arella was surprised to discover a powerful energy locked inside of her own body that prevented the adversaries from doing her any serious harm. This was later revealed to be the soul of the late Azarathian spiritual leader, Azar.
Shortly following the "Infinite Crisis" event, an evil coven known as the Pentacle encased the entire Wyoming town of Riverrock inside an impenatrable bubble of pure hemoglobin. They held the town hostage and prepared to sacricice severla townsfolk as part of an elaborate ritual to summon the Lord of Light. The newly formed supernatural champions entered the blood sphere (with the help of the Phantom Stranger) and fought the Pentacle, ultimately saving the town of Rivverrock. When Pentacle leader Strega's blood dome collapsed, the Shadowpact discovered that more than a year's worth of time had passed.
Points of Interest
- Cheyenne is located in Laramie County and was the capital of the Wyoming territory and later its capital city when Wyoming became part of the United States in 1890. Cheyenne is where famed bounty Jonath Hex got the drop on the George Barrows gang in 1904.
- Devil's Bones
- The Devil's Bones is a valley in which twelve disgruntled people summoned other-dimensional ruler Abraxis who transformed them into his Daemen during the events of Armageddon: Inferno.
- Main article: Goldville, Wyoming Located in Oakley County, Goldville, Wyoming served briefly as a base for the Weather Wizard. The Rogue built a weather control station there, blanketing the area with incredible amounts of snow and cutting it off from the rest of the nation. He demanded money from its citizens, threatening to worsen the weather if they did not pay. The predicament of the area brought the attention of the Elongated Man, who, along with Kid Flash, was able to defeat the Weather Wizard.
- Jackson Hole
- Jackson Hole is a small town in Wyoming and was the site of a former ranch for wayward women established by Angela Roth. During the "Titans Hunt" affair, the ranch was attacked by the contaminated Souls of Azarath. Angela was the only woman present to survive the assault.
- Polk Ranch
- This was a sheep ranch run by the Polk family in the late 1800s. William Polk was born and raised here and eventually became more popularly known as the Wyoming Kid.
- Professor Morrow's laboratory
- Following the events of "52", Professor Thomas Oscar Morrow set up a temporary laboratory retreat in the mountains of Wyoming.
- Main article: Riverrock The town of Riverrock, Wyoming was the target of an attack wrought by the supernatural villains, the Pentacle.
- Thermopolis was the birth place of private investigator Harold Halston. Halston was later murdered by Vandal Savage after he had discovered Vandal’s dealings with the Villers Gallery in New York.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
Links and References