Appearing in "X-Cutioner's Song part 8: Sleeping with the Enemy"
- Valerie Cooper
- Stevie Hunter
- Professor (Ship)
- Stryfe (Flashback and main story)
- Dark Riders
- Zero (Only in flashback)
- Apocalypse (Earth-4935) (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- New Canaanites (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Moira MacTaggert
- Weapon X (Garrison Kane) (Only in flashback)
- Mao-Sino Province Pact (Single appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Marvel Universe
- Earth-4935 (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "X-Cutioner's Song part 8: Sleeping with the Enemy"
In Egypt, Stryfe attacks a weakened Apocalypse and rants that the villain ruined his life. He beats Apocalypse severely using his telekinesis until Apocalypse punches his helmet off, exposing his face. Apocalypse recognizes Stryfe just before Stryfe impales him with a sword. Though wounded, Apocalypse manages to teleport away. Having watched Stryfe best their master, Apocalypse’s henchmen the Dark Riders pledge their loyalty to him. Aboard Graymalkin, Cable briefs Bishop and Wolverine on Stryfe’s history: an anarchist from almost two millennia in the future, Stryfe traveled to the present day to prevent the New Canaanite High Lords from rising to power. Cable, hailing the from the same era, came back in time to shape the High Lords’ ascension to ensure order. Recently, Cable discovered he and Stryfe are lookalikes, but he does not know why. At Xavier’s School, Cannonball visits Boom-Boom in the infirmary where her broken jaw has been wired shut. Havok asks him to check on X-Force then joins Val Cooper and Storm in watching Beast and Moira try again to treat Professor X. In the Danger Room, Rictor and Sunspot talk with Wolfsbane, and Siryn learns from Multiple Man that her past romance with him was actually with one of his duplicates. Elsewhere, Stryfe briefly observes Cyclops and Jean Grey in their cell. After he leaves, she uses her telekinesis to break them out. Back at Xavier’s School, a sudden energy burst triggers an alarm. Archangel, Colossus, Iceman, and Polaris respond just as Apocalypse teleports into their midst. After shielding himself from an attack by Archangel, he declares they can only defeat Stryfe together.
- This issue is part eight of the 12-part "X-Cutioner's Song" crossover with Uncanny X-Men, X-Factor, and X-Men. The story continues from X-Men Vol 2 #15 and continues in Uncanny X-Men #296.
- This issue came polybagged with a X-Cutioner's Song trading card featuring Mr. Sinister drawn by Larry Stroman and Al Milgrom.
- This issue is reprinted in:
- X-Men: X-Cutioner's Song trade paperback (1994);
- X-Men: X-Cutioner's Song hardcover (2011);
- X-Men Milestones: X-Cutioner's Song trade paperback (2019);
- X-Force Epic Collection vol. 2: X-Cutioner's Song trade paperback (2020).
- Apocalypse recognizes Stryfe after knocking his helmet off. When Stryfe then stabs Apocalypse with a sword, Apocalypse recognizes the sword as well and claims he once used it to kill Stryfe. That previous encounter to which Apocalypse refers has never been shown or explained.
- The reason Cable and Stryfe look alike is revealed in Cable #6-8 and the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix mini-series. Their history with the New Canaanites is explored in Cable #1 and the Askani'son mini-series.
- Siryn began a romantic relationship with Multiple Man during the Fallen Angels mini-series. In this story, he reveals that was not actually him but rather one of his duplicates.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Force Vol 1 17 on the forums
- Images from X-Force Vol 1 17
Links and References
- X-Force at Wikipedia
- X-Force at Marvel Subscriptions
- X-Force series index at Comicbookdb.com
- X-Force series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- X-Force series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 06/06/2010
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks