Appearing in "The Gentleman's Name is Magneto"Edit
- Dr. Moira MacTaggert
- Elaine Grey
- John Grey
- Misty Knight
- Multiple Man (Jamie Madrox) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Dragonfly (Veronica Dultry) (name in a cell)
- Eric the Red (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Havok (Alex Summers) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Juggernaut (Cain Marko) (Mentioned)
- Polaris (Lorna Dane) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Magneto (Erik Lehnsherr) (Appears in flashback and main story) (Re-aged)
- "Mutant X" (name in a cell)
- Unus the Untouchable (Angelo Unuscione) (name in a cell)
- Angus MacWhirter (First appearance)
- Lilandra (First full appearance)
- Starjammers (First appearance)
- Unknown Scottish sailors
- New York
- Angus MacWhirter's hovercraft (Destroyed in this issue)
- Starjammer (First appearance)
- X-Men Blackbird (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Gentleman's Name is Magneto"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- Features the brief first appearance of Corsair and the Starjammers.
- The Multiple Man makes his first appearance in an X-Men comic. He previously appeared in Giant Size Fantastic Four #4.
- First appearance of Muir Island. We learn that there's more to Moira MacTaggert than housekeeping.
- Angus MacWhirter would appear again in issue #119 and Cable #-1.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- references: Giant-Size Fantastic Four #4, Defenders #16, X-Men #97, X-Men #101, X-Men #102, X-Men #103, X-Men #96
- The cover art mimics that of X-Men #1, with only Cyclops and Magneto reappearing (though Magneto is in a different pose).
- Mutant X's cell is briefly seen. This character will later encounter the X-Men in issues 125-128.
- A cell is seen housing Unus on Muir Island.
- Dragonfly was the only female member of Count Nefaria's Ani-Men who clashed with the X-Men at NORAD in Cheyenne Mountain. In this issue we learn that after she was defeated, she was imprisoned at Muir Island, but managed to escape. Her subplot is never followed up on in the pages of this series.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Men Vol 1 104 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the X-Men series
- Eric the Red has released Magneto to distract the X-Men. Previous issues featuring Eric the Red's manipulations include X-Men #97.
- X-Men #1 - first appearance of Magneto.
- Giant-Size Fantastic Four #4 - first appearance of Jamie Madrox
- Defenders #16 - Magneto turned into a baby
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 04/25/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men #5 - See for further referencing
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #2 - See for further referencing
- ↑ This story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- ↑ (Uncanny) X-Men #94-95
- ↑ (Uncanny) X-Men #104
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.