Appearing in "Home are the Heroes!"Edit
- The X-Men
- Colossus (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Cyclops (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Nightcrawler (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Phoenix (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Professor X
- Storm (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Wolverine (Appears in flashback and main story)
- The Starjammers - (Only in flashback)
- Imperial Guard - (Only in flashback)
- Emperor D'Ken - (Only in flashback)
- Unknown alien being - (Only in flashback)
- Dept. H technicians
- New York
- The "World" - (Only in flashback)
- Unnamed Shi'ar spaceship
Synopsis for "Home are the Heroes!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- First appearance of James MacDonald Hudson as Weapon Alpha. He appears next using the name Vindicator in X-Men #120.
- Colossus and Phoenix appeared last in Iron Fist #15. Chronologically, they appeared next in the second story in Classic X-Men #28.
- Cyclops appeared last in Iron Fist #15. He chronologically appears next in the second story in Classic X-Men #26.
- Elaine and John Grey appear next in publication order in flashback in Bizarre Adventures #27. Their next actual appearance is in X-Men #136.
- Moira MacTaggert appeared last in Iron Fist #15. She appears next in X-Men #110.
- The Starjammers appear in flashback only from events chronicled in X-Men #108. They appear next in Uncanny X-Men #154.
- Wolverine appeared last in Iron Fist #15. He chronologically appears next in flashback in Alpha Flight #17.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- references: X-Men #107, X-Men #108, X-Men #100, X-Men #101, and Giant-Size X-Men #1
- Although Department H is never mentioned by name in this issue, is the Canadian agency that both Weapon Alpha and Wolverine were associated with.
- Due to the accidental injury that he gives to Moira MacTaggert, Weapon Alpha soon changes his code-name to Vindicator, swearing to vindicate any innocents that are injured due to his negligence. This is revealed in Alpha Flight #2.
- This is the first comic book issue where Wolverine is referred to as Weapon-X.
- Wolverine is still wearing Fang's Imperial Guard costume from X-Men #108 in the beginning of this story.
- On page 5, Cyclops remarks about how different Jean Grey has become in recent weeks. Originally, writer Chris Claremont intended Jean Grey and the Phoenix to be the same person. It wasn't until years later that it was revealed that the Phoenix entity and the true Jean Grey were completely separate characters. However, Cyclops' dialogue in this issue helps to support the retroactive continuity as it relates to the Phoenix storyline.
- Storm reveals she talks to her plants.
- Editing mistake - While Banshee and Storm are flying above the lake, Banshee tells Storm it is time to go. Although they are the only two people flying around Storm agrees with him and then advises Banshee that "Banshee" has signaled them back to the lake.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Men Vol 1 109 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the X-Men series
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Uncanny X-Men article at Wikipedia
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Uncanny X-Men series index at UncannyX-Men.Net
- Marvel Chronology Project (appearances)
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 05/05/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men #6 - See for further referencing
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #2 - See for further referencing
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.