Appearing in "The Plague of...the Locust!"
- Ted Roberts (First appearance)
- Ryan Chemicals (Single appearance)
- Mr. Hamilton (Single appearance)
- Locust (Dr. August Hopper) (Origin revealed) (First appearance)
- Jonathan Storm (Mentioned) (false cameo)
- Wyatt Wingfoot (Mentioned) (false cameo)
- Farm owners, Cora(First appearance) and Henry(First appearance)
- Marv(First appearance) and other policemen
- Unnamed US Coast Guard soldiers
- Bob(First appearance) and Chuck(First appearance) (Metro college students)
- Unnamed Metro college students
- Metro College
- Ryan Chemicals (First appearance) lab
- Unknown NY farmlands
- Ohio River (First appearance)
- Cyclops' Visor MK I
- Professor X's Mechanical Legs
- Locust's Magno-Ray(First appearance) (portable and not)
- Locust's Micro-Magnetic Antennae(First appearance)
- Professor Xavier's Rolls Royce
- The X-Copter
- Locust's mobile lab (or trailer)
Synopsis for "The Plague of...the Locust!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- Editing by: Stan (Busy Bee) Lee
- Script by: Roy (Book-Worm) Thomas
- Art by: Werner (Worker-Ant) Roth
- Inking by: Dick (Doodle-Bug) Ayers
- Lettering by: Sam (Pussy-Cat) Rosen
- references: X-Men #7
- We find out in this issue that the original team of X-Men graduated from Xavier's school in X-Men #7.
- There is a note by Stan Lee and the "gang" upon some of the first panels of seeing the Locust. It states that the Locust has hints of having a fascist fixation. It then asks if any psychologist readers would forward their thoughts on that analysis to the Marvel editors.
- One panel of the story shows a clearly defined Johnny Storm and Wyatt Wingfoot at Metro College, which they attend. Directly below their picture, though, is an arrowed message box that states it is not a picture of them and that they are in the Himalayas. It is possible that this is an editing trick made after the picture had already been made and to save having to redraw the panel.
- This issue contains a letters page, Let's Visit the X-Men. Letters are published from Mark Campbell, H.P. Chan, D. Bruce Berry, Kim Montgomery, Charles Goering, Ervin Hole, and Mark Taylor.
- This editor's favorite quote from this issue is the Beast telling a giant mutated locust, "Restrain Yourself Invertebrate! I'm trying to apprehend you!"
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Men Vol 1 24 on the forums
- Images from X-Men Vol 1 24
The Locust will appear next in Incredible Hulk #194.