Appearing in "The Torch is Passed...!"Edit
- Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
- Grotesk (Mentioned)
- Reverend Brown
- Fred Duncan (Mentioned)
- Banshee (Mentioned)
- Unnamed US citizens
- Unnamed crew members
- Professor X (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- The Avengers (Cameo)
- New York
- Atlantic Ocean
- Magneto's mid-Atlantic island base
- S.S. Myrmidon (Destroyed in this issue)
- Unnamed cargo ship (Destroyed in this issue)
Synopsis for "The Torch is Passed...!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Call him...Cyclops"Edit
- Vanisher (Cameo)
- Blob (Cameo)
- Tyrannus (Cameo)
- Hulk (Cameo)
- Iron Man (Mentioned)
- Magneto (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Call him...Cyclops"Edit
With the kind of press the X-Men get, though, the papers'll probably report it was halted by Iron Man's Repulsor Rays!— Cyclops
A back-up narrative explaining Cyclops' mutant powers. Cyclops is endowed with a powerful optic blast that he cannot control and must use his ruby quartz glasses to prevent them from firing. It explains that his powers derive it's energy from the sun.
It goes on to explain the application of Cyclops' visor, how it is controlled by a nob on the side of the visor or from a secret glove trigger that Cyclops can use when his hands are bound. It explains the force that his powers can strike with and it also explains how Cyclops is a trained fighter. The narrative ends by posing the question of if Cyclops' power is strong enough to face the Hulk.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- This issue begins a series of issues where the cover title reads "The X-Men Featuring:" which would list the character who is the spotlight.
- credits Story 1:
- Stan Lee Presents With Perspicacious Pride This Magnetized Masterwork By:
- Roy Thomas and George Tuska
- Inked By: John Tartaglione
- Lettered By: Sam Rosen
- credits Story 2:
- None But Editor Stan Lee Could Supervise Such A Minuscule Masterpiece!
- None But Writer Roy Thomas And Artist Werner Roth Could Co-Create Such A Diminutive Drama!
- None But Our Ever-Lovin' Inker Could Possibly Expect Letterer Artie Simek To Spell A Name Like John Verpoorten!
- references: X-Men #42 and Avengers #49
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Men Vol 1 43 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the X-Men series
- This is the start of a multi-part storyline that continues in X-Men #44 and #45 and Avengers #53.
- Avengers #47 - #49, Magneto's return from space and his re-acquaintance with Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.
- X-Men #1 - First appearance of Magneto
- X-Men #4 - First appearance of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Toad.
- X-Men #5 - #7,
- #11, other X-Men vs. Brotherhood battles.
- X-Men #17 and #18, last battle vs. Magneto.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ The first story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's: