Appearing in "City of Mutants"Edit
- Southwestern US desert
- Mesmero's 'Mutant City'
- Mesmero's missile-car
Synopsis for "City of Mutants"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "This Boy -- This Bombshell!"Edit
- Conquistador - (First appearance) (Cameo)
- Chico, Conquistador's Lieutenant
- Unnamed coach and football players
- Three unnamed thieves
- Unnamed policemen
Synopsis for "This Boy -- This Bombshell!"Edit
I hope Lady Luck is among the pulsating patrons of today's game!The young Hank McCoy is raised by his parents Norton and Edna McCoy, who find that raising a mutant child with superior strength and agility is difficult, but they still raise a well rounded boy. Reaching his high school years, the academic Hank is pressured by the football captain to kick a ball, trying to show his team that a lowly freshman can play better football than them. To everyone's surprise, Hank's mutant nature makes him adept at playing football and he's soon invited to join the team. Hank does and becomes a football sensation.— Hank
During one of his games, the box office is robbed by a gang of crooks who try to steal the money from ticket sales. Witnessing the robbery, Hank uses his mutant abilities to knock out all the crooks, his daring actions are televised on national television, attracting the attention of a costumed villain known as the Conquistador, who seeks to exploit Hank for his own criminal ends.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- This issue is the first to feature the new X-Men cover logo. It was created by Jim Steranko.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Men Vol 1 50 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the X-Men series
- This is the second in a multi-part storyline that started last issue and continues in X-Men #51 and #52.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ The first story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- Essential Classic X-Men #2 - 37th story
- Marvel Masterworks: The X-Men 2nd Edition HC #5 - 13th story