Appearing in "The Devil Had a Daughter!"Edit
- Southwestern US desert
- Mesmero's 'Mutant City'
Synopsis for "The Devil Had a Daughter!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The Lure of the Beast-Nappers!"Edit
- Chico, Conquistador's Lieutenant
- Unnamed Conquistador henchmen
- The X-Men
Synopsis for "The Lure of the Beast-Nappers!"Edit
Continued from last issue...
The costumed villain known as the Conquistador has kept an eye on the Beast ever since he used his mutant powers to stop a robbery at a football game. Watching the boy’s football career, the Conquistador has decided to focus his army on capturing the boy as part of his plans to conquer the world.
Sending out his agents to capture the lad, one soldier attempts to run him down, however Hank manages to jump out of the way of his oncoming path. However, Hank lands near a number of the Conquistador's troops whom he manages to fight off. The Conquistador, however, arrives to personally deal with Hank by using his sword which fires a powerful electrical jolt that knocks Hank out.
Having heard of Hank's mutant nature, Professor Xavier sends Iceman to go and offer Hank membership in the X-Men, however, he finds that Hank's home is empty and there is evidence of a struggle. Reporting back to the Professor, Charles is left to ponder what may have transpired.
When Hank awakens sometime later in the secret base of the Conquistador, his captor offers him an ultimatum, aid in the Conquistador's plan of global domination, or his parents will die.
This story is continued next issue...
- Erik the Red is Cyclops in disguise. The Erik the Red costume allows Cyke to project his eye-beams through his gloves.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- The credits say "Do we have to tell you?" where the penciler's name should be. The answer is never given and it is assumed that Jim Steranko penciled the issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Men Vol 1 51 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the X-Men series
- This is the third in a multi-part storyline that started X-Men #49 and #50 and concludes next issue.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ The first story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- Essential Classic X-Men #2 - 41st story
- Marvel Masterworks: The X-Men 2nd Edition HC #5 - 17th story
- Marvel Visionaries TPB: Jim Steranko #1 - 2nd story